Chapter Twenty One : "Aftermath"

As soon as I'm sure that it's over and my family is safe , I ran as fast as I could outside to look for Deni , only to see the skitter camp on fire. "No .. no" I thought to myself as I'm making way there. I looked around and saw countless of bodies lying on the ground.

 I ran as fast as I could to get to the camp , I can't lose her now. I saw Deni standing just outside the fence looking at the still burning wreckage. "Deni!!" I called out to her. She turned around and said "Ben?" and ran into me.

 "How are you? Are you okay?" I asked her as I am looking if she's hurt or something. "I'm okay" she said and then hugged me tight. "It's okay. You're safe now" I told her and then asked what happened to the camp, she then grabbed my hand and led me towards there.

 I saw skitters and deharnessed kids lying on the ground. Those who are still alive were able to move away from the fire and are now safe. "Are you sure no one's left inside?" I asked her and she nodded.

 "But Benji, I have to tell you something" she said and then ran towards the survivors, I decided to follow her. "What is it?" I asked and she showed me an unconscious and tied up Estella.

 "She's the mole Ben" she said and the other kids agreed.

=================================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 After I'm sure that Anne is okay. I started to help the remaining soldiers on bringing out the bodies of those who died. Most of them are familiar faces that I bump into everyday.

 "Tom" I heard someone call my name so I turned around and saw Marina just came out of her room. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

 "Yes? ... Oh my God" she said when she looked at the bodies being carried out , one of them is Gen. Briggs. Murich told me that the attack will not happen , but it's obvious that he's wrong. I started to walk outsides to see the damage and go to talk to him when I saw Ben carrying Estella on his back like she's a sack of rice.

 "What's happening?" I asked.

 "She's the mole" he said and then I ran back inside and into the clinic where we can contain her. "Lourdes?" I called out to her and she came out.

 "What Tom?" she asked.

 "We got the mole . Where's the bed?" I asked and she ran back inside to pull out the bed. We then removed the rope on Estella's wrists and replaced it with thick straps on the side of the bed. "How'd you know she's the mole?" I asked Ben.

 "Dad, she blew up the skitter camp" he said and then looked at me.

 "Are the others alright?"

 "I'll bring Deni and the remaining survivors here. Many died" he said and then walked out of the clinic. Estella is the mole , I really can't believe it.

================================================================

Pope's P.O.V

 "Don't talk anymore Craze it's okay" I told her while she's in my arms. The metal rod poked through her. "Where's the kid?" she asked , pertaining to Matt.

 "He's still inside. He'll come out now"

 "Is he alive?"

 "He's a tough guy" I said to her. "Pope , if we ever get out of this place. Promise me you'll steal a car and we'll go somewhere"

 "To where"

 "Disneyland" she said and then smiled.

 "Disneyland huh?"