Chapter Fourty Two : "True Colors"

"What? You can't ship us off to somewhere" Dad complained to them. "We admire your persistence in this fight Tom Mason but you must understand that you don't have to resist now. You can live in peace. They'll bring you into a sanctuary , a better place" Cochise's father replied.

 I want to say something but I can't due to the fact that it might throw all of us under the bus. "What are you gonna do Ben?" I thought to myself.

 I backed away from all the people just as commotions starts to build up. Then I went to the back of the camp , only to see a group of Volms talking to each other. I quickly took cover on one of the fallen concrete walls and listened to them.

 "This is stupid" I thought to myself as I realized they're speaking in their native language. I looked to the other side and saw their ship , some Volm soldiers are bringing down weapons. What are they up to?

 I made my way back to the people and Dad was gone. "Where's Dad?' I asked Matt. "They took him. They said they want to talk to him alone , as he is the current leader of the resistance group" he replied.

 We then started walking to one of the tents. "Ben, the Volms are not our allies after all right?" Matt asked and I just nodded. As soon as we got out of the tent , I gave Matt something to protect himself.

 "Keep this in your boots okay? Don't bring it out unless you need to" I said and then handed him one of the handguns.

 Matt nodded. "Also , one more thing. You know the skitter camp up in the woods right? If things go chaotic and they want to remove us from here .. you'll run there okay? run and run and don't look back" I said.

 "How about you, Hal and Dad?"

 "We'll be right after you" I said and then smiled. We then went out of the tent and parted ways. I'm now more worried about the Volms than Karen and the Esphemi.

=================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 "Why are you locking me up?" I asked Cochise's father right after he forced me to go into their prison.

 "This is not your fight now , Mason. We've been tailing the Esphemi for hundreds of years"

 "I know that but this is our planet. And we're gonna fight"

 "Why do you wanna fight?. All that's left for you to do is settle in on a new camp"

 "You said the camp is guarded. So what are we then? Prisoners of war?". I asked and he didn't answered. Instead , he left me in the room.

 "Let me out!" I shouted but he didn't. "What the hell did we get ourselves into?" I thought to myself while punching the metal doors.

==============================================

Col. Weaver's P.O.V

 "Bubbleheads are not much of our allies after all huh?" Pope asked while we're waiting for Tom's return.

 "I knew it. If Tom would've listened to me .. this wouldn't have happened" I said and then the Volm general started walking towards us. "Where's Tom?" I asked him.

 "He's being detained"

 "What for?"

 "For raising his voice on the general. I heard you conversation , we are allies here. We just want you to move away from danger that's why we want to relocate you"

 "But by relocating us , you're stripping us from our rights to fight"

 "You must understand that this is much more than you can comprehend. You have to leave now Colonel Weaver , surrender all your weapons or else we'll be forced to use ours. You have  one hour" he said and then moved away from us right before a set of Volm soldiers stood right there, carrying a huge table where we should lay our weapons to.