Chapter Twenty Six : "Taken Away"

Nick, Harry and the other kids went to the forest through the back of the skitter camp. Deni, Arion and I ran towards the camp to alarm everyone that she's here.

 "Dad!!" I shouted while running. The hell , she could be inside the building by now. "Benji!!!" I turned around and saw Deni signalling me to go to the forest so I ran to her and she said "Arion sensed she's here".

 We trekked the forest , looking at every tree, caves and all the possible hiding places. I can still feel her, she's gotta be here somewhere.

=======================================================

 Tom's P.O.V

 "What shall we do Mr. President?" Ms. Peralta asked after she heard Hal's revelation. "I don't know , but this news shouldn't spread out , understand?" I asked and she nodded. If the people of Charleston finds out that Hal is one of the moles , it will be a miracle if they would exile him. I'm afraid they might want him dead.

 "But Mr. President , how are we gonna remove the eye bug?" she then asked me.

 "I'll talk to Anne, Ben and Cochise about this. We have to remove it from him" I said and then looked at her.

 Hal can't be punished for something he didn't do , it's the pest who did it , not him. Then I saw Dan through the clear window coming into the office.

 "Marina , can Dan and I have a minute?" I asked and the she left.

 "Tom" Dan said as soon as he came in. "Dan, what do you want?" I asked. "I don't want to be suspicious of anyone but Jeanne thinks that the real Lourdes is gone and the one that we have here is the clone" he then said and laid out several pictures of Lourdes sneaking out of the camp.

 "But she's been helpful. Don't you think that if she's the clone , she should have killed one of us by now" I said to him.

 "I know. But Anthony's missing remember? He may have found out about it so it killed him. We don't know their plans" he then said.

 " I know, okay we'll keep an eye on her" I said and then he nodded and left. I couldn't tell him the news about Hal , he's gonna start questioning me again.

=============================================================

Anne's P.O.V

 After several minutes , Alexis fell asleep. I can't believe what I just saw , she is so advanced. But then , I might just be hallucinating a bit. I haven't had a good sleep for days. After I tucked her in , I went back tot he clinic to check on Lourdes.

 "How's everything?" I asked her as soon as I got there.

 "Everything's fine. How's Alexis?" she asked and then smiled at me. "She's a one happy kid" I said. "You know Anne, I'm actually quite envious of her"

 "Why?"

 "Because she's just born. To a baby's eyes, everything is new and normal. She doesn't even know an apocalypse happened"

 "Yeah" I said and then went to the table to continue my study of Jordan's tests. I need to figure out the effects of being a hybrid and what does it exactly mean for a kid.

===========================================================

 "Where are you Karen?" I kept trying to connect to her but to no answer. I can still feel her energy , she's still here somewhere.

 "Ben!!" Nick called out. "Hey, did you saw her?" I asked as they ran towards us. "No, we already made a whole circle , the whole jungle is empty" he said , panting.