Chapter Sixteen : "Reunited"

I had to rub my eyes to see if it's really him. "You're alive?" I asked and he gave me a quick hug. "I survived .. it's really a great surprise" he said while smiling at me.

 "But how did you found me?" I asked.

 "I was the one who called your name before you passed out" he said.

 "Oh my God you're alive" I uttered. I just can't believe Nick's alive. All these years I've been blaming myself for what happened to him , I thought he's gone forever.

 "We have a lot of catching up to do" he then said.

 "Agree" I replied and then looked at Deni , she's just puzzled , she doesn't have a single idea what's going on.

 "Deni ... this is Nick. He's my bestfriend before the invasion , the one I told you"

 "Oh now it all makes sense" she said and then did a shake hands with Nick.

 "See you've taken good care of Ben" he told her

 "Nah, I've been doing a poor job" she said and then he laughed a bit.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Tom's P.O.V

 I tried to run as fast as I could but I wasn't able to catch up to them , the clone is a little too fast and no one even noticed it. I just walked back to the clinic to check on them. Why does all of this has to happen in just one day?  I still can't stop thinking about Ben and now we have a new problem.

 "Where is Jordan?" Anne asked as soon as I got back there.

 "They got away"

 "Professor, what are we supposed to do?" Lourdes asked.

 "For the mean time , I want you to have a company 24/7 , just find someone who will be there always. I'm still thinking about other options" I said and then she got up from the chair and went back to work.

 "What will Karen do to Jordan?" Anne asked.

 "I don't know"

 "Tom , I have to show you something" she said and then led me to a table filled with results from previous checkups of Jordan.

 "What am I supposed to be looking at?" I asked.

 "These are his X-rays, Blood Tests and other things. Now all of these has an anomaly in them" she said and then pointed at the X-ray of Jordan's spine.

 "You see that?" she added and then pointed at the string like bits that are attached to his spine.

 "Isn't the spine supposed to look like that?" I asked.

 "No , I compared it to recent X-rays from other kids , no strings. And look at the result of his blood test, they found at least 200 unidentified cells on his body. All of which are alien in origin"

 "How do you know all of this?" I asked her.

 "I've been doing a lot of study. These new Volm Machines are not working 100% best" she said and then pointed at them.

 "So Jordan's not human?"

 "Based on these tests , he's not. He's like a more advanced version"

 "A hybrid?" I asked.

 "Yeah".

......................................................................................................................................................................