Chapter One : "Danger Lurking"

It's been 4 months since the Volms came and lots of things have changed since then. We actually have a real solid chance of winning this war, with their advanced technology and the help of the rebel skitters, we'll be able to cause great damage against the Esphemis. We'll finally get the revenge we've been yearning for.

 The 2nd Mass decided to settle in Charleston after the Volms laid out their plans to defeat our common enemies. Dad's been elected as the president which I think is great since he can pretty much change this place and encourage the residents to fight for our planet.

 Also, lots of de-harnessed kids like me have flocked to Charleston along with their group of rebel skitters. One of them is a girl named Deni, I can see a lot of myself in her since before the spikes happened, we're nothing but nerdy geeks with an unstable health. But now, we're fighting bad aliens.  

 "Hey dork" I heard a female voice said and I turned around and saw Deni standing behind me.

 "Whatchu doing?" she asked.

 "Nothing, just ... thinking" I replied.

 "Don't stress yourself so much .. here, have a chocolate" she said and then handed a whole Hershey's chocolate bar.

 "Where'd you get this?" I asked as I took the bar and opened it quickly.

 "Our patrol stumbled upon a  massive truck full of chocolate down a secluded road 15 miles away from here. Now we've got enough supply of chocolates for the next 3 months."

 "Sweet!" I said.

 "Sweet it is .. hey your Dad told me you're not grounded anymore which means we'll be able to go on patrol tomorrow" she said.

 "Finally..." I thought to myself. I've been grounded for over a week now, since that night I tried to lift that 2 huge RVs to see how strong I am now.

 "It's been silent lately" she said.

 "What do you mean?"

 "No fights .. no signs of skitter groups ... no Mechs or airships .. it's good but it feels weird."

 "Maybe they're planning something"

 "And what could that be Benji?"

 "I don't know ... and stop calling me Benji . I hate it."

 "No, you love it when I call you Benji."

 "Deni?"

 "What?"

 "Do you trust them? the Volms"

 "50/50 I guess. I'm just wondering, what took them so long to go here?. They said they've been following the Esphemis for a hundred of years now .. going to every planet that they've invaded and then rehabilitating it or as they say "Liberating" it. But don't you think it's kinda weird how they came only after you destroyed that large laser gun that those damn fish heads are building"

 "Yeah, Do you think they might have a secret agenda?"

 "I don't know, but I'm not gonna stop fighting until this planet is alien free"

 "You go Deni" I said and then smiled at her.

 "Stop smiling, you're creeping me out" she said and then we both laughed.

 "Hey!! Suckerfish!! Dad's been looking for you!!" I looked down and saw Matt.

 "Just a minute!!" I said and then jumped 2 stories high to join him.

 "Deni!! Stay there!!"

 "Okay Benji!! but bring me more chocolates!!" she shouted back.

 After we went inside, Matt asked me a very awkward question. "Do you like Deni??"