Chapter Twelve : "Acts of Courage"

We decided to stay in the woods since there are more hiding places available if an enemy is in sight. I looked to the map and we're halfway there , not bad for a mission that is already 5 days and counting.

 "How long till the next neighborhood?" Deni asked as there's another storm heading our way. "About a mile" I told her and then we continued walking. About quarter of a mile we reached s waterfall, "Finally, there's water"  I said and then brought out my jug to get some. Deni brought her extra and filled it too.

 Due to the harnesses , we're able to go for days without eating or drinking anything. A maximum of 6 days I guess. "That is some good water" she said.

 "Yeah it is and it's cold which makes it even better"

 Then suddenly , a rock fell into the water. I immediately grabbed my gun and looked up and saw skitters and mechs up there staring at the horizon. I immediately signalled Deni to step away from the falls. As soon as we're both hidden under the trees, we started to run but then the mechs jump and the ground shakes a bit.

 We were able to hide behind the trees but if the mechs and the skitters sensed us , then we're gonna have to fight them. The mechs followed the road we just went through , the skitters must have stayed at the top of the waterfall since we didn't see them go down. But as soon as we got out of hiding, a group of them jumped in front of us.

 "Shit" Deni said.

 The skitters then attacked us, there are like 5 of them. We are trying to shoot them down while running away. Boom! one down, Boom! two down.

 "Benji! the bomb!" Deni shouted.

 "Cover me!" I told her and the reached for one of the explosives in my pocket.

 Then I threw the bomb to the skitters and thankfully they exploded. "Close one" she said , panting. "Yeah" I told her and then smiled.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Matt's P.O.V

 I was in the grounds with Jeanne & Jordan , trying to visualize how the trees will look like once they're done. "It's gonna be tall" Jordan said and then smiled at us. "It is" Jeanne said to him. "Do you think they will like it?" he asked.

 "Yeah. I bet so" she said and then smiled.

 "They're gonna like it Jordan" I assured him.

 Then suddenly, Diego arrived with a gun pointing at us. "Come with me" he ordered .

 "Diego?" Jeanne said starting to tear up.

 He looks so different now , we can see the bulge of the eyebug right at his temple. "I said come with me!".

 I whispered to Jordan to run as fast as he could inside. Jeanne was able to distract him for a bit that's why Jordan had a clear way out. He then went to me and said "Hello Matt, we're gonna have a talk. Now, move" then pointed the gun at my head.

 Jeanne took my arm and we slowly walked away. "You're never gonna get away from this" she told him.

 "Baby, I already did" he said and then smiled in a very evil way.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Hal's P.O.V

 "Did you see my other boots?" I asked Maggie as we're changing clothes , getting ready for the long day ahead.