Chapter Five : "Different"

I heard Capt. Weaver's voice calling out my name last night when I was still at the woods. But I can't face any of them while I'm having a breakdown like that. I ran towards the city and I spent the night here. At the rooftop of a small apartment in downtown Charleston.

 Today's Matt's birthday but I don't even know if I could go back to the camp. The pain is still there , the hatred is back and there's nothing I could do about it.  Then I heard Mechs footsteps on the street , I looked down and saw 2 of them. They are also accompanied by 3 skitters and 2 harnessed kids. I started to follow them to know where they're headed.

 They're walking towards the airport. I looked there and saw Beamers and Space ships flying in and out . Maybe their Charleston base is in there. I would've gotten nearer, but they doubled up the number of Mega Mechs that's roaming the streets.

 I realized how devastated Matt would be if I'm not there. So I started walking back to the camps when I saw a gadget store. All the glasses are shattered and most of the gadgets inside are completely destroyed. I wanted to take as many as I can back to Charleston since we have electricity there and these Ipads will surely work, but I can't do that since my shoulder is not healed yet. So, I just decided to take one to give it as a present for Matt.

  I can't help but make a few stops the way back . Jimmy, Rick , John and Nick's voices are scrambling on my head. I can hear them as if they're beside me. Maybe I'm starting to go crazy, I don't know. My eyes are still red, which looks cool but it's frightening. What's happening to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Matt's P.O.V

 "Wake up kid" I heard a thick voice say and when I looked up, I saw Pope.

 "What are you doing? It's too early" I said

 "I'm giving you, your gift" he said and Crazy Lee showed up behind him carrying a wrapped box.

 "Hey Kid" she said and then smiled.

 "Really? This early?" I said and then looked at the clock and saw it's only past 7:00 am, I only slept for 3 hours.

 "We don't think your Dad would want us to be there" Pope said.

 Crazy lee gave me the box so i tore the wrapper apart and then opened the box and saw a jacket made out of snow tires. Just like Crazy Lee's jacket.

 "Thanks!!" I said. I really liked it, the jacket is bulletproof, it' a great protection.

 "It's her Idea" Pope said and then looked at her.

 I got up and gave her a hug, she laughed and then hugged me back.

 "Don't get to Mushy here. Lee, c'mon we gotta go" Pope said.

 "Give me a break Pope" she said and then hugged me tighter and said "Okay, kid. See you later" she said and then went out of the door.

 "You know Matt. Me and your father may not be best friends. But I'm really happy for you. You should know that" Pope said and then left.

 I got up and tried the jacket on. It's a perfect fit. Crazy Lee is a really amazing woman. I know Pope can see it too.

 After a few minutes, Dad came to my room.

 "You're awake already? i thought I'll be able to surprise you" he said and then brought out his gift.

 "Thanks Dad" I said

 "Uh-Oh Who gave you that jacket?"

 "Crazy Lee"