Chapter Fourteen : "Lost"

Tom's P.O.V

 My heart sunk with what he just said. I knew it! , I shouldn't have let him go to the mission in the first place , now I don't even know if he's still alive. "We're going after your brother" I told Hal and before he, Matt & Maggie could leave the room, Marina said "I don't think that's a good idea Sir".

 "My son could be dead or dying out there, what's a good idea for you?"

 "We have the spy situation, Sir. You will put all of your lives in danger"

 "Then I'm going alone" I said.

 "But Dad. We wanna go too" Matt said.

 "You're gonna stay here Matt and also you, Hal" I told them.

 "Dad! You'll need our help!" Hal pleaded

 "Professor. I advise that you talk first to Col. Weaver about this" she said and at that moment , Dan was on his way to the office.

 "What should we talk about?" I asked.

 "A plan" she replied.

 "What's going on here?" Dan asked as soon as he noticed the number of people inside the room. "It's Ben .." I said.

 "What happened to him?" he asked.

 "He's in trouble .. or worst , he might be dead. I'm going after him right now" I told him and then tried to walk out of the office only to be stopped by him on my way out.

 "I need to go"

 "Tom, listen to me. We don't know what's going on with Charleston yet , and if you go out there it will be extra dangerous."

 Matt started to cry that's why he left , Maggie followed him. "My son needs help Dan. What part of that don't you understand?"

 "Tom, believe me , if things are okay here right now I will not hesitate to come with you. But it's not"

 "Col. Weaver is right Mr. President. It's not safe to go out there" Marina added.

 "So what am I supposed to do? Sit here while my son is out there?"

 "I have a suggestion" Murich said.

 "What is it?" Hal asked.

 "Me and another rebel skitter will go there to look for him , we can go there faster" he said and then looked at me.

 "When will you go?" I asked

 "Right now, we could go back as early as tomorrow night. Which will take two times faster than humans" he said.

 "Dad .. " Hal said, looking at me.

 "Okay" I said and then looked at Murich. He nodded and he and Estella walked out of the office. "Damn it!" I shouted.

 "What should I tell Matt?" Hal asked.

 "Tell him the truth. He deserves to know it" I told him and he too, walked out of the office.

 "Tom..."

 "I'd like to have a minute alone, please. Dan and Ms. Peralta , you're both dismissed" I said and then they left. I hope Ben's okay because I don't know if I can still handle it if something I lose  him again, this time .. permanently.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Matt's P.O.V

 Ben could be dead? No just No. I ran back to my room to think . I need to process all of this. "Matt?!! Open the door" Maggie said, knocking.