Chapter Ten : "Haunted"

Four days have passed since we left Charleston. I think we were somewhere in Kentucky right now, I'm not really sure. We were in a small neighborhood that looks exactly the same like that neighborhood we stayed in when Clayton's looking for us.

 A storm is obviously brewing since the strength of the wind is really prominent and the skies are dark. It's about 5:00 pm so we just decided that it would be best to just spend the night in one of the houses.

 "Alright Deni, choose your house" I told her.

 "I don't like bungalow It's way too small ... I hate that house .. oh there's the perfect one" she said and then pointed at the huge yellow house that is like 5 houses away from where we are standing.

 "Okay then" I said and we went there to spend the night and avoid the storm. When we got inside, the house is actually much bigger than what it initially looks like. The place is kinda secluded from the business area and food establishments so it made me wonder, where are the owners of this house now? Are they alive somewhere?. The furniture's inside are still in place , the house doesn't have a single damage in it. Why did they leave this place? it's surrounded by the woods so maybe they're just out there , I don't know.

 "Hey Benji look at this" Deni said and then I turned around and saw a piano in the middle of the living room, "Can you play?" I asked. "Yeah, but I'll only do that when you're not looking" she said and then smiled at me.

 "Really huh? so why don't you sit down and get to know Mr. Piano. I'll just search the rest of the house" I told her and then went to the next room. I'm in the kitchen and saw that there are still food on the pantry, and most of them are still okay for the next 8 months. "We have food!!" I shouted at Deni, when I took a peek at what she's doing , I saw that she's reading a book about musical notes.

 I continued searching the house and went to the 2nd floor, just above the staircase is a picture of the family that lived here. A couple at their mid-30's with their 3 children , they're smiles are amazing .... innocent ... doesn't have any idea of what's gonna come for them.

 "Do you think they're still alive?" I was startled so I turned around and pointed my gun only to see that Deni was the one who said it. "You scared me" I told her and then put down the gun , she didn't say anything. She just laughed.

 "Hopefully they are" I told her. "I'm hungry" she said and then went down to the kitchen , I continued searching the rooms. I entered one and it must be the 2 little girls's room , still fixed but a bit dusty. Then I went to the next room and saw that it was the room of the teenage boy that's in the picture , I saw posters and action figures. I went to the next and it's the Master's bedroom , I touched the bed and it's really soft. It's a bit dusty though , but it would feel really nice to sleep on a bed like that.

 Suddenly, I heard a mild "Come" so I turned around and saw that there's no one. "It must be the wind" I thought to myself, but I looked to the windows and they're closed. "Deni??" I called. "Yes??" she answered all the way from the kitchen. That means I'm alone in here, but who said that?

........................................................................................................................................................................

 Matt's P.O.V

 I saw Dad walking towards the cafeteria so I ran after him, when I was able to catch up I asked him when Ben is coming back. "I don't know, let's just hope that he will come back soon" he said and then smiled at me.

 "I miss him"

 "We all do" he said and then asked me if I want to eat, I said "No" so I left and went to see my friends.