Chapter Nine : "Uncertain"

Last night was intense. After we heard the explosion, we ran as fast as we could to get there. Only to see Dad on his knees looking at Lourdes, who's lying unconscious on the floor not far from the parking lot. Hal and Maggie were also lying in the floor unconscious, but on the other side of the building.

 The worst part and probably the most gruesome is, the discovery of a body of a civilian completely torn apart. And that's not the full of it, he's blood was used as an ink and then the murderer wrote on the wall "Your time is running out". I think no one got a good sleep after last night's incident.

 We walked out of the skitter camp this morning and looked at the people around us. We can really feel the weight of their fears, the place they once thought was a paradise is slowly turning out to be a massive murder scene.

 To make things worst for me, aside from the fact that most people already looks at me in a freakish way, I also happened to be the Presiden't son. They are pissed off big time, just a week ago the grounds are filled with people but now , you can  just finally count them. Me and Deni went to one of the camp stores to buy 5 chocolate bars by trading in some house chips , which is the "new money" , we've been using this as our monetary system since Dad was elected and so far, it works great. But instead of letting us buy some, the vendor just gave it for free and then asked us to leave.

 "Okay then. I can live with this" Deni said while eating the chocolate.

 "He's really scared"

 "That's okay as long as he gives us free chocolates" she said and then we continued to walk to the infirmary to check on Hal and the others.

 When we got there, Hal & Maggie are still asleep but thankfully, Lourdes woke up and is doing okay. She only got a few bruises but she's fine, she's sitting at the bed while Dad's asking her questions.

 "What do you remember?" he asked.

 "I was looking for Jordan"

 "Why are you looking for Jordan?" Dad asked and then Lourdes looked at me. "Ben said Karen's here and she's after his brother" she said then dad looked at me.

 "Is it true Ben?"

 I nodded. He asked "I thought I made it clear that you're relieved from duty?", I said that I felt the presence of another skitter on my back and when we came to look for it, we felt Karen trying to connect to us.

 Then Dad continued asking Lourdes if she saw what caused the vehicles to explode.

 "It was Diego" she said.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Jeanne's P.O.V

 "No? Why the hell would he do that?" I asked Lourdes. I know in my heart that Diego won't do something like that.

 "It's him Jeanne. I was looking for Jordan and then I saw Diego walking towards the parking lot so I followed him. When I got there, I saw him stood there for a moment doing nothing and then he started reaching for his pocket and brought out metal balls and then he attached in to the trucks. I tripped on a trash can that's why he saw me and he even chased me" she said.

 "Diego's missing. Baby bear it's hard but it must be really him" Dad said while trying to comfort me. Maybe that's why he's acting weird, but what could've happened to him?.

 "Did you noticed something different when you're looking at him on the parking lot?" I asked, trying my best not to cry.

 "Yes, I  saw an eye bug come out of one of his eyes" she said and then looked at Prof. Mason. "Karen's here last night, It's her Dad" Ben suddenly said.