Chapter Thirty Seven : "Maggie's Last Lullaby"

After the ground stopped shaking , I looked around only to see that all possible exits are blocked by huge chunks of walls that caved in.

 "Maggie !!" I screamed but she's not here. Why would I go here anyway? She could already be outside. Dozens of innocent lives have been taken by this explosion , I can hear cries coming right outside the artillery room.

 "Help Me!!" I shouted but no one's coming. I took a deep breath and started punching through the stones , they're too thick .. I can't break them. So I started pulling some away from the exits but to no avail, the limited air in this room is making it hard for me to move. I hope Dad and everyone else are alright up there. 

  I grabbed a steel bar and started hitting the pipes , hopefully someone from out the grounds will hear it. But after a few minutes I stopped since I'm pretty sure no one can. what should I do? I looked around and saw the rack of grenades.

 I could use it to make a hole outside but it could also collapse the ceiling , completely burying me alive. I can't walk properly now due to my knees being extremely weak so I crawled all the way there. As each second pass, the less air I can breathe.

 I got one grenade but haven't removed the safety pin yet. The thinning air is making every move 10 times harder. I can't take it anymore. The next thing I know is I'm falling to the ground and everything went black.

============================================================

Matt's P.O.V

 What the hell just happened? I went to the main entrance and it already collapsed, I ran all the way to the back and it is also impassable.

 "Jeanne , what are we gonna do?" I asked her.

 "We're gonna dig them out" she said. I looked around and saw all the people rushing to help make a way inside the building. I hope they're all alive.

 "Dad!" she said in delight once she saw Col. Weaver walking towards us. "I thought you were inside?" she asked.

 "No. Me and Matt got out just before the bomb exploded" he said and hugged her tight.

 "Now Matt, let's dig them up" he said so I nodded and we started removing blocks after blocks , trying to make our way to everyone who is trapped down there.

===========================================================

Deni's P.O.V

 "Holy Shit what happened here?" I asked Tector as soon as Harry and I got back to the camp. "An explosion happened and most of the building collapsed" he said. I looked to my side and saw Harry already helping to make a way inside the building by lifting huge rocks that we're blocking the way.

 I started helping too. I'm panicking , Ben is still inside. I hope he's okay.

==========================================================

Hal's P.O.V

 After all the debris went down, I saw all the damage made in the lock up room. A part of the ceiling fell down and a huge wall caved in. The steel posts in this cell we're damaged due to the ceiling that went down. I stepped out of it and saw a way up.

 I slowly climbed each step and reached the hallway where the damage made by Maggie laid itself right upon my eyes. All the dead people laying right on the ground.

 "What the hell?" I whispered. I caught a movement at the very end of the hallways , it's Maggie. "Maggie!" I screamed and ran after her.

 I reached the turn and she just disappeared. It's a dead end and she's nowhere.