Chapter Fourty One : "Knock 'em Down"

"First thing you'll do is jump in the water and swim as fast as you can" I said to Matt. I have to tell him what to do in case plans go wrong and we get spotted first. The decoy group is probably on their way to Jacksonville now , that's why it's very important that we'll be successful.

 "I don't know how to swim" Matt said.

 "Then don't let go of my hand once it happens" I said and then he just needed. I looked on the far end of the room and saw Hal staring at Maggie's rifle. I can't blame him for not letting go yet , he loved her more than he loves his own life. I just sighed and decided to approach him to have some brotherly talk since it's been ages when the last time we had one.

 "Hey" i said to him and then sta to his side.

 "Hey" he replied , still staring at the gun.

 "How are you?"

 "I'm good"

 "Hal .. the truth"

 "I am good" he replied and then looked at me. I just sighed , he's still mad .. I know he is. "You have evry right to be mad Hal , but please don't take it out on us ... We're heading in a war , use your hatred to kill them ... kill Karen" I said to him and then got up and returned to Matt.

 "Alright! In Position!" Dad called out and so the door opened and we all stepped outside. The Volm Weapon is positioned to charge at the Boston Tower. Matt put on his shades as we looked for the grids.

 "They look amazing"

 "But they're dangerous" I replied and then looked at him.

 "Alright .. let's start" Dad said and I looked at a worried Jeanne. "He's gonna be alright" I told her and then she just smiled.

======================================================

Col. Weaver's P.O.V

 "Are you sure this will work? Pope asked.

 "No , we just gotta hope our best this damn would" I told him.

 "Spotted several Mechs less than a mile away" Tector said while looking at a binocular. "Alright folks! It's a pleasure serving with you" I said as we're approaching the group of enemies.

 "Fire!" I ordered and all of us started shooting for our lives.

====================================================

Anne's P.O.V

 "They're gonna be fine Anne" Lourdes said as soon as we settled in on downtown Charlotte. "I know .. it's my daughter that I'm worried about"

 "Why?"

 "Karen might have done something to her"

 "Let's just hope she didn't" she replied and then helped me get back inside the med bus. As much as I try to be calm .. I can't. I'm worried about everyone who stayed behind.

===================================================

 Cochise and Dr. Kadar readied the weapon and after a few moments , the first shot was fired and it immediately hit the nearest leg of the tower. But it didn't fell , nothing happened.

 "Hit it again" Dad said.

 "We can't . 10 minutes recharge" Cochise replied.

 "We don't have 10 minutes" I said as I saw half a dozen beamers flying towards us. "Fire!" Dad ordered and so Hal and the others did. I was given the Volm cannon so I positioned it right above my shoulder and imed for the airships.

 First shot .. one down ... second shot ...two down.

 A few more minutes have passed and the beamers were all crashed down. We looked to the tower and saw an explosion on the leg that was hit earlier. The tower is going down.

 "Yes!" everyone screamed in delight as we celebrate on the site of the Boston tower finally going down. I looked on to the distance and saw small ships coming out .. Karen must have been there .. along with Nick, Jordan and Lexi.

 "Now what do we do?" Dad asked Cochise.

 "We'll wait for them" he replied and so we all looked up. After a few minutes , a huge fireball - meteor like thing came down. Once it passed the atmosphere , a city sized ship hovered in the air and then went down to the Boston city ... completely crushing everyone and everything that's under it.

 "Here they are" Cochise said.

 I looked at Matt and he smiled.

 Several minutes have passed and we finally went back to Charleston. I can't wait to tell Deni about the good news. I ran all the way to the Skitter camp only to see that it's empty.

 "What the hell?" I uttered and saw the writings on the wall ...it's from Deni.

 Ben,

 Arion said that we have to leave , immediately. I tried to convince him to wait for you but he said we don't have much time because the Volms are here and we need to hide from them. Don't worry , we're gonna be somewhere near the others. See you soon. Deni.

 "Holy Crap" I thought to myself. They must be somewhere in Charlotte with the others. But what does she mean on the part "we need to hide from them" ? . Are the Volms different from what they introduced to be.

 I decided to go back to the camp only to see all the soldiers gathering around Cochise. "May I present to you , My Father" he said and so I ran towards them.

 They spent at least half an hour introducing themselves and familiarizing one another when he said something that might just have confirmed one of my worst nightmares.

 "What does he mean?" Matt asked me.

 "They're shipping us off to Brazil... whether we like it or not" I said. "We're dead" I thought to myself.

===========================================================