Chapter Twenty Two: "Liberty Tree"

A day has passed and we barely made any changes from what happened. Their still digging a holes to put in the bodies of those who died. Dad is busy with all the meetings as to what is the best thing to do. The total number of casualties including aliens is over 200. Charleston is damaged right now and I can already feel an evacuation coming.

 Karen will not stop unti she makes sure that we won't resist anymore. Matt decided to sleep in my room because he's scared to sleep on his own. I went out early to go back to the skitter camp and check on Deni , she's a strong person but sometimes even the strongest fall apart.

 "Deni??" I called out to her while I'm outside her tent. "Benji?" I turned around and saw her carrying some long logs of wood, I helped her carry some.

 "What are you gonna do with these?" I asked her.

 "Well. Harry and Nick suggested that we should start rebuilding the camp .."

 "That's good" I said while we're walking towards the side of the burned camp , past the place where they buried the skitters and deharnessed kids.

 "It's just that .. they don't want to camp here anymore" she then said and looked at me. "Where are they going?" I asked her. She then pointed at the hill across the port. "To there" she said and looked at me.

 "But they'll be too far"

 "That's because they don't feel safe anymore Benji. But don't worry, I'll still be here . I won't leave" she then said and smiled at me.

=====================================================================

Jeanne's P.O.V

 "Are you okay Baby bear?" Dad asked yesterday when I woke up my eyes. I said I'm okay and when he asked me who did to me , I said Lourdes. But he didn't believed me , he said Lourdes was in the clinic the whole night and other doctors can witness for her.

 But  he did mentioned that there's a clone roaming the streets of Charleston and that we have to make sure that the person we're talking to is the real one. I'm sitting in my bed looking at Lourdes , I'm sure that it was her.

 Then she started to walk to me to check on my wound.

 "How are you?" she asked and then looked at me.

 "I'm good" I said to her.

 "Next time , you should be careful. You shouldn't go in a storage room with a stranger" she then said , I looked at her. I don't remember her telling her what happened .. maybe Dad told her? or Professor Mason?.

 "The cover still looks clean , I'll just come back later" she then said and smiled at me.

===========================================================================

Hal's P.O.V

 "Did you hear the news?" I asked Maggie while we're helping clean and pick up debris on the outside grounds.

 "No. What is it?" she then asked.

 "Anthony is missing. And he's now one of the suspects"

 "Since when he's missing?"

 "The last time they saw him was 3 days ago. Maggie, I still have to say one more thing" I said and then came closer to her. "What is it?" she asked.

 "Karen is using me again" I whispered.

 "That can't be. You're with me the whole night"

 "I know. But I can see her , I can hear her in my mind. We're still connected , I should turn myself in now before anyone gets hurt"