Chapter Eleven : "Sudden Attacks"

Pope's P.O.V

 The kids aren't backing down, what's worse is they started shooting. "I ain't shooting kids" Tector said as we're taking cover on a piece of broken wall. "But if we don't do anything , these razorbacks will kill us!!" Crazy Lee shouted as the gun shots continued.

 I might be a heartless bastard just like most people say, but I don't shoot kids. No not once and never will. "Boss what shall we do?" Lyle asked.

 "Do you still have the explosions??!!" I asked him.

 "Yeah boss. Wanna blow them up?!!"

 "No. We're just gonna scare them away". I said and then the ground started shaking, we held on to the tiny metal bars that are around us in order not to fall to the ground. And when it's done, the protective blanket started coming off.

 "What the hell is going on??" I asked.

 "Volm technology relapsed!!" Anthony shouted from the back.

 "Pope!! The kids are near!!" Tector shouted and then we all looked and saw that they are near us , theyir faces and bodies have been deformed. As mush as I hate it, I have to put them out of their misery.

 "Lyle. Throw it!! now!!" I shouted and he threw the  explosive on them. A loud bang happened. We all looked and saw burned and torn bodies lying there. Tector looked at me in horror, there is nothing I could do. It's either us or them.

................................................................................................................................................................................

 As soon as we settled in the cave, I started a fire to keep us warm. And then Deni pulled out our sleeping bags and set them up near the fire. I went to a darker are and started to remove my clothes in order for them to dry out when Deni suddenly said.

 "Woah Woah Woah .. Benji what are you doing?"

 "I'm taking my clothes off" I told her

 "I know ... why?"

 "For them to dry out" I told her and then she turned around so when won't see me. I laughed a bit at her and said "If you wanna die because of Hypothermia that's fine with me. Remove your clothes so they could dry out".

 "I'll just use my extra one . Instead of getting butt naked in a cave with a guy" she teased.

 "I'm not gonna be butt naked Deni. Of course I'll leave something on ... unless you wanna see me all the way" I joked and then winked at her.

 She then threw a big rock at me. "Just kidding" I said and then she laughed. I went to my bag and grabbed my other set of clothes and then put them on.

 "You can change now" I told her and she got up and went to a dark area and changed her clothes. It's raining really hard that's why it's very cold but thankfully the fire is still holding up.

.................................................................................................................................................................................

 Tom's P.O.V

 As soon as the whole shield came off, we heard a loud explosion coming from the badlands. The people on the grounds just scattered and went inside the building. Me, Hal, Maggie, Cochise, Dan and a few other soldiers ran as fast as we could to go there.

 "What is going on Pope?" Dan asked me as we arrived there. I looked on into the gates and saw several human bodies. "Mutated harnessed kids attacked us carrying guns" he said and then the other soldiers that are with him nodded, "Mason, what are you gonna do now?" he asked me.