Chapter Nineteen : "Heart Monitor"

This is a Beni/Benny chapter people :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After a game of monopoly with Matt and Hal, Dad asked me to go to his office. "Dad?" I asked as soon as I entered the room , I saw him talking to Anne and Lourdes about something.

 "Ben" Lourdes said and then smiled at me. Dad ordered me to sit for a minute and they're just talking about something important. I overheard what they're talking about and it's Jordan. Karen got him and that there's a clone roaming the streets of Charleston. Then after a few minutes , Lourdes left but Anne stayed and continued reading some papers.

 "Ben" Dad called and then I got and sat on the chair in front of him.

 "I'm happy you're back" he said, smiling at me.

"I'm happy too" I said and then smiled back.

 "So Nick's alive huh? how did it happen?"

 "He said that a group of survivors , a different resistance unit found and rescued him. They ended up living in Texas , then after several months he met Red eye and Rick and convinced him to join the fight and so he did."

 "I see . He looks so different now"

 "He's turned into a buff" I said and while looking at him.

 "Ben ... I've decided that you're relieved from duty until further notice" he said. What? he's removing me again?

 "Why??" I asked.

 "Lower your voice down" he commanded and then added "You almost died in this mission Ben. I'm not putting you into danger anytime soon".

 "But Dad , we're in danger as long as the aliens are here"

 "I know , but at least I know that you're a lot safer than before" he said and then stood up. "But I can protect myself! I can do things most of the soldiers can't!" I tried to reason with him.

 "Yes. But you're also 16" he then said and looked to me.

 "What's the deal with that? I thought age counting is over?" I asked him.

 "I know, but I'm bringing it back this time" he said. I know I would't get out of it that's why I just didn't say anything at all. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to do anything , I'll still help in my own way. I'm doing this my own way.

 "You can leave now" he said and then I stood up and went out of that room. I was walking towards the main entrance when Taylor walked towards me. "Hey Ben!" she called out as she's coming in.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Deni's P.O.V

 I was just outside my tent cleaning up my bed since it's all dusty and stuff. Nick taught us how to get some sleep , but sadly my energy isn't going down anytime soon that's why I have to wait it out for a few more days.

 "Hey Deni" I turned around and saw Harry standing behind me.

 "HI" I said.

 "Cleaning up your tent .. just like the old days" he said and then sat at one of the huge stones on the side.

 "Yeah .. life goes on but we're still kids" I said and then smiled at him. "Yeah" he said and then after a few moments , he added "I might have to go do some work now. Have a good day Deni".