Chapter Three : "Safe & Sound"

We were called to the main office to discuss a new mission. Me, Deni &  John joined the meeting as representatives of the rebel skitters. Dad, Hal, Matt, Capt.Weaver, Jeanne, Cochise and the others are there too.

 "Let's start this meeting" Dad said once everyone arrived.

 "Okay Mr. President. Our patrol group spotted a mining camp 30 miles northeast, near the mountains. They said that the place is filled with harnessed kids, mechs , skitters and beamers. They could be looking for fuel to run their mega mechs but we're not sure yet. What matters is we get those kids" Gen. Bressler said and then brought out a blueprint of the camp.

 "The camp is located under a cliff that is 50 ft high. Loaded mechs are guarding the entrance while packs of skitters are monitoring the whole premises." he added.

 "How many kids are in there?" Capt. Weaver asked.

 "Roughly 20. But we are not sure yet, some could be working inside the tunnels".

 "So, the mission will be get the kids and destroy the tunnel?" Dad asked.

 "Yes Mr. President" Gen. Bressler replied.

 "So how are we gonna do it?" Capt. Weaver then asked

 Then Dad looked at Cochise, and he said "We'll use the element of surprise on them".

 "How's that?" Hal asked.

 "Okay. Dan, take Jeanne and Matt to the east side of the camp. One of them will have to go in and plant shock bombs. This will cause the mechs's system to short circuit therefore they'll stop working. This will also serve as a distraction so that another group can enter from the other way" Dad said as he's pointing to the east fences on the camp.

 "What other way? We only have the entrance and the cliff" Capt. Weaver asked

 "This is where the Rebel's come in. Ben, you and the other kids will jump on that cliff and immediately attack all the skitters that are at the entrance of the tunnel. Then the Bezerkers and soldiers will come to the main entrance and gun down the rest of the mechs. We'll take as many kids as we can. Load them in trucks. Plant the bombs. Leave and push the trigger"

 "But Dad? It's 60 ft. , we don't know if we can jump from that altitude." I said. I tried jumping from an 8 story building before, only to break my left arm because of the impact on the ground.

 "Don't worry Ben, you'll use a harnessed tied on a tree to go down" Dad said.

 "Cochise, we'll need your help on this one" Dad added

 Cochise nodded and then after a few more pointers, we've been dismissed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Anne's P.O.V

 "How are you Anne?" I turned around and saw Lourdes.

 "I'm good. Although I wish I could do more stuffs"

 "You're almost 5 months pregnant, you should start being careful. And don't worry, I've learned a lot of medical things now. With the help of the Volms, of course" she said.

 "I always knew you'll be a great doctor Lourdes" I said and then smiled at her.

 "Thanks" she said. Lourdes came a very long way, and I admire her for being tenacious after everything that happened. She's a strong woman.

  Then suddenly Tom came and told me he's going away tomorrow for a mission again. "Is it just me or we barely have enough time for each other?" I asked as he held me in his arms.