Chapter Fourty Three : "The Mighty Fall"

We just got out of the state of South Carolina when we had to make a stop because of beamers flying by. "Ready your weapons" Dad said and we all got down from the vehicle and started walking.

 "Keep your eyes open" Col. Weaver uttered. "We're not gonna walk all the way to Charlotte are we?" Matt asked."Of course we're not. We just have to be careful because a beamer flew by. The enemy could be right just around the corner" Dad uttered and then looked at me.

 "Are you alright Ben? You seem pale"

 "I am" I said and then smiled. We continued walking until Col. Weaver told us to spread around. I suddenly felt something , a strong alien presence , it's Karen. just in time an airship flew by. "Stop!" I shouted and they all did. We watched as the airship settled right 50 feet in front of us.

 I looked to my side and saw Hal take cover, I know he's gonna do something. And my suspicion is right, Karen stepped out of the airship holding a white flag.

 "What do you want Karen?" Dad asked.

 "I came here to talk. Tom, the Volms can't be trusted and I'm willing to cooperate with you to make them go away"

 "So you could rule us again? Is that it?"

 "Tom, you would be surprise once their true mission comes to light. I brought a gift for you. I want all of you to understand that the Volms will overthrow all of us soon"

 "How do you know that?" I asked her.

 "You know it too Ben. The Rebels knew that the Volms can't be trusted" she uttered.

 "Is that true?" Dad asked and I nodded.

 "Why didn't you tell us?"

 "I just found out this morning" I uttered, much to their annoyance. "Tom, Ben. Here are your loved ones" Karen said and then we saw Nick and Jordan coming out of the airship with a girl that's about Jordan's age.

 "Where's Lexi?" Dad asked, still pointing his gun at her.

 Suddenly the little girl ran straight to Dad. "Daddy" she uttered and we're all shocked. "Lexi?" he asked and then she smiled. "So now Tom. Are you with me?" Karen asked just as Dad gave Lexi to Jeanne for safety.

 "After all you did. Hell no"

 "Then you're all gonna die" she said and dozens of skitters jumped on us. Panic ensued as they attacked. I looked around and saw them firing at a close distance. I turned to Karen and decided to destroy the airship by firing it with the Volm Weapon.

 After she saw one of the engines exploded, she ran away. I looked at Dad but he's still brawling the other skitters. I dropped the Volm Weapon and started running after her. "You're not going anywhere!" I shouted at her, she looked back but still kept on running. I just hope Dad and the others will survive the attack. As for Karen, I'll make sure she'll pay.

 I've chased her all the way tot he woods. "Try to catch me Ben!" she said right before she disappeared in the dakness. I have to use my senses to locate her.

 I was looking around , trying to get a movement. She can't get away , she just can't. Suddenly, someone hit me hard on the back of the head. I sensed her on my right so I charged at her and put all my weight to bring her down.

 Karen kicked me away and she got up and started running out of the woods again. I chased her all the way back to the city where she used the alleys to hide.

 I looked up and saw her on the top of one building. I ran to the nearest stairs and used it as a platform to jump from one balcony to the other. As soon as I got to the rooftop, she already made it to another one.

 "Karen!" I shouted and jumped right at her. But I was greeted with a strong punch in the jaw. I got back up as fast as I could and was able to grab her by the neck and throw her at the ground.

 "Ben, the process is complete" she said in amazement.

 "Yeah" I said and started choking her.

 "You have no idea how long I have waited for this" I uttered and then slammed her head to the floor. "We're in this together Ben"s he said.

 "No we're not" I said and then slammed her to the floor once again. Just when I thought I'll be able to kill her , she used all her might to push me away.

 "You're not gonna kill me this time" she said and then jumped down. I got up and looked to the side. Only to see her come face to face with Hal.

 I jumped down to corner her. "It's nice to see you Hal" she told him. I moved aside after I saw how much hatred he has towards her.

 All of a sudden he fired the gun and it hit her in the head. Karen fell to the ground as blood started to pour out.

 I looked at Hal as he started to break down. "It's gonna be fine now" I said, trying to comfort him. After a few seconds , Dad came to us.

 "What happened?" he asked.

 "Hal killed Karen" I uttered.

======

  One last chapter left ^.^ I'm excited for the last one so please read it once it comes up :)