Chapter Twenty Three : "High Hopes"

The attack last night was easily ended when Cochise and his friends went out and blasted the beamers off , the crowd cheered for them which is still a good sign , that just means people trusts the Volms.

 Deni and I spent the night at our usual hangout place , the top of an abandoned diner. We talked about a lot of things , one of them is our 'state' right now. She said that she likes the sound of 'us' so I guess it's official then.

 I walked to her to the other side of the rooftop , and saw that she actually fell asleep on the chair. As much as I wanna wake her up , I decided to just leave her like that since it's been a long time when we had our last sleep. I'm wondering when will I have mine.

 I jumped down of the building and started to walk towards the cafeteria. "Hey Suckerfish!" Matt called out to me. "Why Skitter bait?" I asked him.

 "Are you gonna eat breakfast?"

 "Yeah why?"

 "Can I come with you?"

 "Sure. But you should know that I eat insects now , skitters eats insects" I joked on him but then he started to pout his face and walked past me.

 "Wait for me , I'm just kidding" I said and then ran to his side, and then we went to the cafeteria .

=================================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 "So Anthony's been missing since the day Ben came back?" I asked Ms. Marina. "Yes Mr. President , I already talked to Colonel  Weaver and Pope. That's the last time they saw him" she said while pacing back and forth.

 "I don't want to think that he's also a mole but where could he be now?" I asked her but she doesn't know what the answer.

=================================================================

Harry's P.O.V

 After working on the new camp. I decided to visit Pope because I found out that his group took the most beating on the attack and it just seems right to let him know that I'm willing to help if he wants me to.

 "What are you doing here kid? No minors allowed" Pope asked as soon as I entered his bar.

 "Well I'm gonna be 18 in a month" I said and then sat at one of the chairs.

 "But still right now you're a minor. What are you doing here anyway?"

 "Calm your crazy head for just a second. I only went here to see how you're doing" I said and then drank one of the beer bottles that are on the table.

 "Hey that's 4 chips" he then said. I brought out 20 of them and ordered 4 more.

 "I don't need your charity work kid. Just drink your beer and you can now leave" he said while putting the chips on the box that Lyle carries around all the time when he's still alive.

 "Come on Pope. I know what it felt like to lose your group"

 "Really? and how may a spoiled brit kid like you know what it feels like to lose a group?" he asked and then slammed the beer in front of me.

 "I came here alone right? well 2 months before that , there are 7 kids living with me. Then one day , a group of Mega Mechs chased us . I'm the only who made it out .. alive" I said and then looked at his eyes.

 "Okay then" he said and then looked away.

 "I want to help you"

 "Excuse me? , I just said that I don't need your charity help"