Chapter Seventeen : "Long Haul"

When we got back to the hospital , I saw Murich gathered all the skitters and the deharnessed kids on the hall. Back at Charleston , he said there's at least a hundred skitters in here but I can only see 3 dozens .. maybe even aliens exaggerate sometimes.

 "Ben .. Deni .. come in quick, I have valuable news to tell" he said through Megan and then we ran and sat in front of him.

 "What is it?" I asked.

 "On my way here , I met our spy from the Esphemi army . Their army have returned to their planet. He said the Overlords have reverted to a new plan"

 "So the attack will not happen?" Deni asked.

 "I'm not sure. There's a high probability that they are going to use the element of surprise and attack when least expected. The Esphemi are recognized all over the universe as an intelligent race with great battle tactics. But one things is for sure , they've given us time. And we should use it wisely , they might be planning for something far more sinister , especially now that we are fighting with the Volms" he said.

 "Who are the Volms?" Nick asked.

 "They are another alien race , they have a base in Charleston and they are helping us fight the Esphemi" I told him.

 "I'll make my way back to Charleston and inform your Dad that you're alive" he said and then looked at me.

 "Please do" I said , I don't want them to think something bad happened to me. I don't want them to worry about me.

 After a few minutes , Murich left . "I think we should go" I told Deni and she agreed. It's definitely time to go home.

.................................................................................................................................................................................

 Tom's P.O.V

 *one day after

 We spent the rest of yesterday afternoon searching for that eyebug in our room and nearby places but we didn't find it.

 "Matt, are you sure it's from the aliens?" I asked him just after we searched the area.

 "I'm sure Dad. It's silver and shiny" he said.

 I just decided that it will be best for Anne and I to sleep on the room nearest to my office , I also ordered more security to secure her safety.

 Then I heard Hal and Matt calling out to me from outside the room "Dad! Murich's back" they said. I went out and saw Murich  standing outside with Estella. Dan , Maggie , and Lourdes are there too , they're all waiting to know if Ben's okay.

 "How's Ben?" I asked

 "He's fine Professor. But he did had a close brush with death due to an ambush by Mega mechs"

 "But he's alive right?" Matt then asked.

 "Yes , he is very much alive and they are on their way home" he said. I can't help but smile and look at Hal & Matt , he's okay .. he really is okay. I saw Matt started to smile again and he gave me a hug , we all miss Ben. And it's very nice to know that he survived the mission and he's on his way back home.

............................................................................................................................................................................

Lourdes's P.O.V

 I was happy to hear that Ben's okay. I decided to just go back to the clinic since there's a growing line of people complaining about colds. The weather is as weird as the fact that we're fighting aliens, one moment its all hot and then it will start to rain then it will go back to being hot again , I can't force Ann to work anymore , she's expecting and she's due very near so it's a good practice for me to take on clinic duty by myself.