Chapter Thirty : "Chasing Hybrids"

Matt's P.O.V

 When I opened my eyes , I saw Dad's face looking down on me. "Dad!" I said in delight and then sat up as fast as I could and gave him a tight hug.

 "Where's Ben?" I asked him.

 "Sorry son , we don't have him yet" Dad told me. My mood suddenly changed , Karen must have harnessed him again by now.

 "Dad?"

 "What is it Matt?"

 "Ben might be harnessed again"

 "I know , that's why we'll do our best to get him back"

 "How long I've been asleep?"

 "Almost a day now , Harry said that the smoke acts as a tranquilizer. It activated when you hit a sensor on the door"

 "Well that makes sense then , when are we going to take Ben back?"

 "As soon as we knew where Karen took him"

===================================================

Anne's P.O.V

 "Sleep now baby" I whispered to Alexis as I put her on her bed. All she's doing is smiling at me. "You are a one very different baby" I said and then smiled at her.

  I turned around to fix her stuffs so I could return to the clinic when I heard her say "Mommy" again. I turned around and she's not in her crib.

 "Alexis?" I looked under the crib and she's not there. "Mommy" she said again and I started panicking, where is she?.

 I looked at the top of the bed and she's not there.

 "Mommy" she said again. I looked under the bed and saw her there , looking and smiling at me. "I love you" she added and I swear I felt shivers all throughout my body.

 ===================================================

Hal's P.O.V

 As soon as we got back , I immediately decided to be locked up again. It's hard but it's for the best. Maggie's been distant for some unknown reasons.

 I tried to talk to her but she just walked away from me. I hope we'll find Ben soon , we already lost him once and I don't want to lose him again.

 Suddenly , I saw Maggie coming down the stairs. He talked to the soldier and he moved upstairs. "How are you?" I asked her as soon as she got in front of me.

 "I'm alright .. you?"

 "I'm okay .. still nothing weird happening"

 "That's good"

 "Yeah , did you hear any news about Ben? Do they know now where he is? Or the others?" I asked her.

 "Not yet, we need to talk about 'us' Hal"

 "What do we need to talk about?"

 "I can't do this anymore"

 "What do you mean you can't? You said you'll never give up on us"

 "I changed my mind Hal" she said and then turned around.

 "Maggie !! Wait!!" I called out to her but she's not listening. And just like that , she finished our relationship. I sat there , feeling the tears falling .. unaware of the eyebug that started slithering in her eyes.

=================================================================

Tom's P.O.V

 After the clinic, I went straight to my office where Megan is waiting with Arion and Cochise. "Hello" I said as soon as I got in.

 "President Mason , we finally have the coordinates of the Espheni ship" Arion said through Megan. "Their location is interesting" Cochise added.

 "Really? where are they now?" I asked.

 "They are currently in Jacksonville"

 "And what makes it interesting?"

 "We found out that the weapon the Esphemi are building to fight ours is located in there. And it's close to being done" Cochise then said.

 "What the? What's gonna happen once it's done?"

 "It'll probably kill our Volm Planet just outside your solar system or might kill all of us. One thing is for sure my friend , it's purpose is for mass destruction" Cochise then said.

 "Then we have to go there"

 "We must be careful Mr. President , their forces will sure be concentrated on the perimeters of the tower" Arion said.

 "I'll talk to Marina , we'll figure out something. What matters right now is we get Ben back and the others that are abducted" I said to both of them.

 "I can already picture the battleground my friend. We'll lose" Cochise then replied.

 "We have to do something , it's okay if you don't wanna come with us I'll understand that but I have to get my son back, okay?" I said to him.

 Then suddenly the door opened and Dan came in. "Tom , we have a situation" he then said. "What is it Dan?"

 "Lourdes flipped out, she morphed into a lizard like monster. Jeanne's right , it's the clone." he then said. I stood up as fast as I could , grabbed my gun and ran out of the office along with the others.