Chapter Two : "Danger Lurking pt.2"

Karen's just standing there, eyeing each one of us. "What do you want?" I asked, still pointing my gun at her.

 "There's no need to point that gun at me Ben, we're just passing by" she said. And then at least 7 skitters showed up behind her. The skitters are collecting raw materials such as scrap metals and copper wires. I almost forgot that we already rescued a lot of harnessed kids, maybe that's why now they have to go get materials on their own.

 "Oh now you're working Karen. Are you demoted back to being nothing but a slave?"

 "No Ben. Let's just say, I like to keep an eye on everything that we're doing" she said and then added "I see that you have gained a lot of friends now, I was worried that when I left, you'll feel sad and alone".

 "You were never my friend"

 "Oh Ben. i still care about you after everything that happened. Trust me, if only I could have you with me right now, I'll be delighted."

 "Keep dreaming Karen" I said and then fired one shot at her feet. She was able to dodge it though.

 "Are you really sure you wanna shoot me Ben? I could kill you right now if I want to and you know that" she said and then the other skitters dropped their scrap materials and then moved forward.

 I looked at Deni and the others and saw that they're ready to fight. "Let's keep a nice and calm conversation here. You must be Deni" Karen said and then looked at Deni and smiled.

 "Yeah. Got a problem with that?" she snapped back.

 "Ben, I thought you'll replace me with someone ... well much prettier"

 "Shut up Karen" I said.

 "As much as I want to kill your friends right now and then take you to our ship. I'd rather use  this opportunity to warn you about the coming events. The continuous attempt of the 2nd Mass and the whole Charleston group to fight and resist our occupation here will result in nothing but complete chaos and suffering."

 "We're used to that"

 "I don't think you understand what's gonna happen Ben. Even though you have the Volms and Rebel Skitters as back up, you still got nothing against the Esphemi Army"

 "What army? The one we completely defeated?"

 "Not that Ben. Their army is not here yet. They're still out there, travelling" she said and then pointed at the skies.

 "You're just threatened. You know that we have a great chance at killing all of you" I said and then shot one skitter at the head.

 "Like what I just did" I added.

 "Do what you want Ben Mason. But in the end, the humans, along with your alien allies will never win. Don't say I never warned you" she said and then turned around. But before she walked away she said something that completely bothered and scared me.

 "By the way Ben. Keep your family close to you, because I might just come after them" she said and then left.

 It's like my feet is stuck in the ground. The way she said it, there's something different in there. She's always been evil, but that Karen that's in front of me is far different from the last one. I can sense that she became a lot more powerful. Maybe she's the new Overlord.

 "What shall we do?" Deni asked.

 "She just confirmed the attack" John added.

 "Let's just turn around and then follow the other group" I said and then started to walk back. I think we're all shaken by what just happened. Deni knew that If we fought them, we could all be dead by now.