Chapter Eighteen : "Homecoming"

It was past 3:00 in the morning when Nick's group got into our rendezvous, they came to us while riding a huge truck. I didn't recognized them at first that's why I had to point my gun at them but when I heard his voice, I put it down.

 "You really gonna shoot me Ben?" he said and then poked his head out of the window. "Your headlight blinded me and where did you get this truck anyway?" I asked him.

 "Found it on a secluded road in the woods , there's still another one trailing us .. they should be here any minute now"

 "You found two trucks?" Deni asked.

 "Yeah , the other one has all the skitters"

 "I didn't know you can drive" I said and then he looked at me.

 "Well, me neither" he said and then added "Get up here now , we're going to be in Charleston in about a couple of hours if we us this".

 "You sure about that?" I asked him.

 "Yeah. The road all the way from the hospital is clear. We looked out to their bases and saw all the harnessed kids and aliens are gathered there. The road is free .. Come on" he said and then I helped Deni up.

 "Such a gentleman Benji" she said and then chuckled at me a bit.

 "Just doing my job your highness" I said to her and then she and Nick shared a laugh.

 After a few more minutes , the second truck came. "All right , next stop .. Charleston" Nick said and we started moving through the next city.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Lourdes's P.O.V

 I don't know where the hell am I , the last thing I can remember is coming face to face with my clone. I looked around to see where it took me but I can't make up anything out of it. I saw huge windows and cabinets and stuffs.

 My mouth is covered with some piece of cloth and my hands are tied with something really weird , it's like a very thick shiny black cord that I have never seen before. My body is aching so bad , I tried to look on the other side so I did my best to make a turn , only to come face to face with Anthony.

 I almost screamed in horror when I saw him but that is not the worst , he's dead. Anthony is dead , I frantically tried to remove the cord but I can't. Then I heard footsteps coming in so I pretended to be asleep again.

 "Are you sure about what you just said" a familiar voice asked , I peeked and saw that it's Karen standing several feet away from me talking to another girl , I can't see who she is since Karen is blocking the view.

 "I'm sure Karen , they will not know what's in store for them" the girl replied. She has a familiar voice, finally Karen moved to get something and I saw who it is. It's Estella , I was shocked to see her here.

 "What the hell is she doing here?" I thought to myself but then I realized that she is the mole , or at least one of the moles. "Estella , are they ready?" Karen asked her.

 "Hal is , I don't know about the rest" she then said. What's Hal got to do with this? , Karen then gave a jar to her containing at least a dozen eyebugs. "I'll be there a little late so you should get the party started. I'm sure Professor Mason will never forget the consequences of his continuous attempt to defeat our masters" she said to Estella.

 The whole Charleston is in danger , I need to go back. Then suddenly Estella made a quick turn and looked at me , I closed my eyes as fast as I could and tried to look like I'm sleeping but my heart is beating really fast and I'm getting shivers all over my body. I can hear her footsteps coming to me.