20. Motel Confession Room

Start from the beginning

I carry Rachel on my side, while Stiles hands me the key to our motel room.

"I'm tired," Rachel mumbles in a groggy voice. Her headphones slide behind her head and dangle down my back.

"Okay, Sweetie when we get in the room we'll put you in your pj's so your all ready to go and then you can hit the sack," I tell her as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Hit the sack?" Stiles questions trailing up the steps behind me. When we get to our room I fumble with the room key to try and unlock it while he continues to arch his brows at me.

"Then you can go to sleep. Happy Stiles?" I unlock the door and Rachel is still slung across my shoulders.

"Very." He grins with his classic dopey smile that is pretty much always plastered to his face. 

I put down Rachel on the bed and gesture Stiles for Rachel's bag. He pulls out Rachel's Pajamas. "Ready to get in your Jim-Jams?" He asks.

"Jim-Jams and your complaining to me about hit the sack! Your word choice is just as bad." He hands me, Rachel's pajama shirt and I pull the pink fabric covered with yellow rubber duckies over her head, after taking off the white t-shirt that had all the dogs from Paw Patrol on it.

"Unlike 'hit the sack', Lydia Jim-Jams is a funner way to say pajamas. 'Hit the sack' is just a lamer way of saying go to sleep. 'Hit the sack' is an old and outdated phrase that my grandparents told my father when he was little," Rachel laughs at his response as I change her diaper-unfortunately Isaac and Allison haven't potty-trained her yet.

Just when I can tell he thinks that he won this debate I reply back, "funner is not a real word. You should have said Jim-Jams is a more fun way to say pajamas," Rachel watches us as we go back and forth playfully bickering with one another. He tosses me Rachel's pajama pants as I give him Rachel's diaper in return.

"So you do admit Jim-Jams is cooler than 'hit the sack.'" He throws out the diaper and grabs Rachel's socks to put on her tiny little feet.

"Tomato tomatoe, Stilinksi.  All I know is that this conversation will not end until I win so how about we tuck Rachel in and we finish this later? Agreed?" I ask him.

"Agreed," He complies before he lifts Rachel into the air.  She starts to giggle uncontrollably while I reach for her blankets. He rests her on the cot as I tuck her in with layers of blankets.

"What is she now! The world's prettiest burrito!" Stiles laughs as he untucks his niece a bit in the bed wrapped in the blankets tightly. "Now she can move, Lydia and it's all thanks to me."

"HAHA very funny, Stilinski," I respond.

"Goodnight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!" He says kissing Rachel's forehead.

"Stiles, that's not something to joke about." I flick him on the back of the head. He jokingly winces as I saunter towards the cot.  "Goodnight my beautiful niece." I kiss Rachel on the cheek.

"Goodnight Uncle Stiles...an-and Aunt Lydia," Rachel yawns. "I can't wait for when the both of you have kids and I will have cousins to play with. You guys... are... are," and then Rachel falls into a deep sleep before she can even finish her sentence.

Stiles and I both turn a bit red at Rachel's comment and I shut the door as we leave the room. For some strange reason, the people that owned this place made a big closet into a small room with electricity. This place is pretty commodious for a motel. It has some furniture in it unlike most motels do.