I Can't Breathe

I slowly open my eyes then the realisation of panic sets in. I try to move but I can't. I'm tied to a chair by my ankles and my wrists, every move sends excruciating pain through my body. I try to scream, my mouth is gagged to. I can sense my heart rate increasing...
'Relax..' Jacobs voice calls. My fearful eyes scan the room, his black silhouette stands at the dimmed window. I scan the room again, noticing a few things.
no photos..plain future...
I continues to try to scream. I can't breathe, I'm having a panic attack.
Tears stream down my face. I can't think straight.
Jacob turns around to face me holding a large bladed knife. Desperation kicks in, I pull my legs and arms, pain rips into my skin. I shake my head. He's going to kill me.
He slowly walks towards me before shoving the knife into the unit beside me. I jump.
For a split second everything goes calm, I allow myself to breath. I can't die this way...
He suddenly kneels beside me.
'Scream and I'll use it.' He glances at the knife. I quickly nod, I'll do anything if he just keeps that knife away.
He pulls the gag from around my mouth, I gasp as much air as possible.
'What.. What are you doing to me?'
He smiles, a creepy smile.
'You see Zosia, I always knew about you and Oliver.'
I look at him confused, no words can retreat from my mouth the panic is choking them up in my heart racing fear.
'I knew you would always want him... So I had to prevent.' He holds up a packet containing 2 white pills.
'Ketamine?' I realise now. It was him. I become more panicky what if he drugs me again...
'I watched Sebastian coulter and Ollie fighting over you. And you chose him.' He spits in my face. I cry more.
'How long have you been watching me?' I tense my arms, desperately trying to get free.
'Since Alex left.' I swallow.
'Help!!' I scream, he leaps forward cupping my mouth and nose. My oxygen cuts off. He pulls the knife to my throat.
I shake uncontrollably. I can feel my face going red, I can't breathe. My eyes fill.
'Are you going to be quiet?'
I slightly move my head for a nod. He realises all his tension. I cough viciously.
'Why, why did you do this.. I thought you was happy for me?'
'No..you broke me Zosia, in fact made me a little less sane.'
Sane.. He's crazy.
'Ollie will know I'm gone.' I manage to realise one of my hands. I stay calm and slowly undo the other, I continue to pretend I'm still tied.
'Not for a few hours, I left him a lovely note... Dear Ol, I've gone to meet Dom love you Zosia xx.' He smiles.
'You're sick, you made me think you cared about me.'
He waves his knife. I shriek back in fear. I can't move, my whole body freezes. One wrong move and I'm dead.
'I know that feeling Zosia!' He leans into my face, I seek my opportunity and smack his face sending him stunningly backwards into a small coffee table. I tug at my leg ropes, my hands shaking.. as soon as I can pull my leg out, I dart for the door.
I yank the door handle.
It's locked.
'No.'
'Help!'
'Help!!' I smack the door, this is the only way out. I sob hitting it.
Suddenly my cries cease to exist, my throat is grab and I'm sent falling backwards hitting my head of the side.
Blackout.

My eyes shoot open. My wrists are tied together so are my feet. I feel the strain on my arms from the previous rope rubbing against the new. I'm on the floor pinned against the wall by Jacobs knifed hand to my throat.
'I'm sorry for running.' I feel this is my only way.
'You should be!' He presses the blade to my throat, I feel a sharp needle scratch.
'Please.. Please..' I realise, Ollie will know I'm gone.. I just have to bid my time. Think Zosia. My mind pulses with terrible thoughts, I can't think straight. I feel sick and dizzy. Pain pulses in my neck, I feel the fresh oozing blood trickle from neck. It's not a deep cut.
'Just kill me.' He stops pulling the knife back.
'What?' You can pull this of Zosia.
'I just want to die, do it!' I look at the knife.
'You want to die?' I nod.
'I'm sick of it all...'
'sick of all what?' He's falling for it.
'Ollie, I don't love him. I just want his money...' I twitch a twisted smile. He slowly puts the knife down and crouches beside me.
'You don't love him?' All I need to do is stay calm.
'No.'
'But I thought..' I scan the room, there must be a key somewhere.
'No, Ollie was just a bit of fun, always has been.' Jacob re-clenches the knife pulling it back to my throat. I gasp.
'You really think I believe that?'
I cry, I'm running out of time. I'll never say goodbye to him..
'Please Jacob please...'
He moves back then places the knife inches away from my chest. He presses it against my chest. I close my eyes.
I'm not ready to let go.
Suddenly a large bang comes into the room, I immediately open my eyes.
Ollie.
Jacob gets up and runs at Ollie with the knife.
'Ollie!!!'
They begin fighting, crashing around the room. I need to get undone. I can't. I'm too weak and exhausted. They both drop to the floor with a shriek in horror.
'Ollie..' I shout through my tears. Ollie falls of Jacob.
'I'm ok.' I see the knife stuck in Jacobs lower rib. Within seconds Ollie dashes to my side. He calls 999. Slowly he wipes my neck, the cut is minor...ill be fine till we get home.
He undos my rope. I fall into his arms, shaking and weeping. I'm so glad he's here for me to hold.
'Never risk your life for me again. Do you hear me?' I couldn't of lived with myself if he'd of died today.
'I would risk my life for you everyday.'
I smile a little, still struggling to breathe.
He scoops me up into his arms and carries my out of the building leaving Jacob wounded inside. He called for help, Jacob won't die.

Flat
He gently lies me in bed, cleaning my neck with antiseptic gel. I slowly turn my head to face him.
'I love you.' He carefully strokes down the side of my face.
'I love you too.'
I slowly let my eyes shut drifting my of into a deep sleep.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess.