The being of Zosia

I grab Ollie's face and look into his beautiful blue eyes.
'I'm so happy to see those eyes.' A tear falls from my face.
He half smiles and me before grabbing my face and kissing me.
'Don't you ever do anything like that again!' He re-grips my face and kisses me.
'Ollie..I'm..'
The curtain swings open, I smile at Ollie.
'Elliot said...' Raf and Cara stand, practically mouth gawping. 'He's alive.'
'I am indeed.' Ollie places his hand in mine.
'Well Mr Valentine, we need to talk about your care.' Ollie cuts in.
'Can I just have a minute, with my wife.'
He looks up at me, I've been staring at him for the past 5 minutes. I just want to hold him.
Cara and Raf leave the room.
Ollie re grabs my face and kisses me again and again.
'What's that for?'
'Everything you said.'
'You could hear me?'
'At first no, it was like muffles. I began to hear clearly when you was talking about breaking down walls' I stroke my hand down his face along his jaw line.
'I love you Oliver Valentine.' I slowly lean forward and kiss his tender warm lips. I'm waiting for the right time to tell him about our baby.
'Zosia Valentine, I love you too.' He smiles and kisses my forehead. I turn round and fill a plastic cup with water.
'So Ollie..'
I focus on tipping the water into the cup, although my mind pulses.
'I'm..' I spin round to see Ollie body in shock, I drop the cup and smack the emergency button. The water spills on to the floor. I open the draw and pull out two of the orange paddles.
I pull Ollie's shirt down and attach them over his breast bones. Raf darts in the room,
'Get me the defibrillator.'
I pump at Ollie's chest, waiting for Raf to return.
'Come on Ollie.'
Raf returns and plugs in the machine.
'Clear.'
Ollie's body shocks.
'Again. Clear.'
Shocks again.
'Ollie come on. Clear!'
His heart beat returns, the machine beeps. I let out a sigh of relief.
Cara rushes in with medical notes.
'He's got a bleed in his gastrointestinal tract.' I grab the sheet of her, Raf tries to pull it of me. I step back.
'Zosia, let us take this.'
'If this bleed is coming from the oesophagus or any other vital organ you need a cardio-thoracic surgeon, let me handle this.' I unplug Ollie wires and push the bed towards theatre, I page Jac.

Theatre.
I stand opposite Jac looking at Ollie's bare chest. I breathe heavily.
'Are you sure you can do this?' Jac hands me the scalpel.
'Surer than I'll ever be.'
I slowly press it to his chest, my hands a little shaky but I've got this. I open his chest cavity, Jac suctions the blood.
'The bleeds coming from the lower oesophagus.'
I watch the blood flooding Ollie's body, I look at his motionless body. Everything else becomes irrelevant but his face. I stare at his face.
'Zosia..'
I hear Jacs muffled voices pulling me back to reality.
'Zosia!!'
I swing my eyes back to her. Ollie's Bp starts dropping. I need to stitch this now, I can't lose him by my own hands. Jac continues to suction.

A few moments later
I look down at my shaking hands as I finish the last stitch on his oesophagus, he's bp gradually returns to normal. My head is sweating and my heart is pulsing. My tummy winces.
'Go, I'll finish up.'
I dart out of the theatre and Into the bathroom, just making it to the toilet in time. I feel really light headed and faint, of course it's the pregnancy. I sit beside the toilet, head humming.

20 minutes later

I sit beside Ollie's bed waiting for him to wake up, I hold tight of his hand.

Ollie's POV
I open my eyes, my chest stings with an immense sharp pain. I groan in pain.
'What happened?' I turn my head to Zosia, even that Hurts.
'You had a bleed in your oesophagus, it sent your body into shock.' She squeezes my hand. I look down at my chest, great now I'll be in recovery for even longer. I squeeze Zosia's hand again.
'Did you operate on me?'
'Yes, me and Jac.' She smiles, I smile back.
'When can I go home?' I try to sit up, Zosia pushes me back down. I smirk at her.
'Raf said you will be discharged tomorrow but you need supervision.' She smirks.
'I guess I should be lucky I have my own doctor to look after me.' She leans forward and gently kisses me.
'You have two broken ribs, your leg is fractured and you may need back support.'
'Brilliant..'
She leans on the end of my bed, still holding my hand.

Zosia's POV
I think about telling him about the baby, I should be going for a scan but I think I might hold up on that, I want Ollie to be there when I go.
'Ollie..'
'Yeah?' He looks at me, smiling, staring into my eyes. I look into his blue eyes.
'I'm..' I pause.
'Yes?'
'I'm..so happy that you're ok.' I smile, that's not what I wanted to say but I just couldn't bring myself to it.
'Well if you minus my injures yes.' He laughs and pulls me to him, I reluctantly move forward. Knowing it hurts him to move.
'Ollie, I just need to see Cara.'
I stand up and dart out the room, leaving Ollie without and explanation.
I dash into the bathroom and throw up, again. I don't know how long I can keep this a secret for, especially when we get home.
I leave the bathroom and head to Cara.
'Hey, can I collect Ollie's belongings. I'm taking him home later.' I smile, although I feel like I'll be sick again.
'Yes I'll just get you them, are you sure taking him home so early will be wise?' She reaches over the counter and hands me Ollie's phone and jacket.
'Yes, it's not like he needs to call a doctor if anything happens. Anyway thanks.' I turn to leave.
'Zosia?'
'Yes?'
'He was your mentor right?'
'Yes..he was.'
'How did you get him to stop treating you like you where his underdog?' She smiles, I know she's linking this to her and Raf.
'Truthfully, he never saw me as the underdog...'
She nods her head, disappointed with me answer.
'Just like Raf doesn't see you like that.'
I squeeze her hand.
'Thankyou Zosia.'
'What for?'
'For being you.'