Baby blue eyes

I sit in the office on Darwin ward with my legs tucked up and a pillow to my chest. I hear the office door open, I lift my head up. The pillow is black from my mascara. Mo comes and sits beside me. I don't say anything I just drop my head back into the pillow.
We sit in silence...
'Do you want to be left alone?' I raise my head and look at mo, I just nod. Without another word, she gets up and leaves.
I reach into my pocket and pull out the bottle of pills I took from the trolley before. I open the lid and tip a few into my hand. Maybe if I take a few...maybe all the pain will stop.
Suddenly a knock comes, I tip the pills back into the bottle and push it under the pillow.
Cara walks in.
'Zosia, can you come...it's time.' I nod at her, she leaves the room. I glance at the bottle before shoving it back into my pocket and rushing after her.

Jacs POV
'Urgh' I kick the Cardboard box beside my feet..the office is a mess with  all the sheets I've thrown everywhere.
'There has to be something..'
I'm desperate to find something that says Ollie's father doesn't have the right. I open the top draw full of Elliot's old note books, there must be something in here...but I'm just worried I don't have time..

Zosia's POV
I stand looking over Ollie's bed. I watch them stood beside the plug..I can't do this, this can't be right..
I pull out the bottle of pills..from the corner of my eye I see Ollie's leg twitch..
'Stop' everyone stands still.
'Zosia?' Cara rushes to my side.
'His leg, it moved...he moved he's..'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes..I'm not going to make it up!'
'Well, you do want him to live..'
'I'm not lying, run more tests..just do something, don't pull that plug..'
'Zosia, you know it could just be the nerves responding. It doesn't mean he's..'
'Please I'm begging you just run more tests...'
The both just look at me before looking at each other.
'We have to ask his father...' Raf says as he passes me and leaves the room.
I drop down into the chair.
'You know what his father is going to say..' I look at Cara.
She moves beside me and crouches leaning her arms on my leg.
'Zosia, I truly am sorry. I don't agree with this either and if my boyfriend was lying there id be the same..'
I look up at her and smile.
'Boyfriend?' I'm trying to find every excuse to distract my mind. I nod to the door, thinking about Cara's boyfriend.
'Yes...Raf..' The curtain swings back open she stops and stands up.
'Cara, I need you in here..' Raf darts back of, Cara goes to follow.
'Cara, don't waste anytime...life's to short.' She smiles and leaves me alone with Ollie. I get up and walk beside him.
'I know you're still in there, I know it...and I know you can hear me.' I sob a little grabbing his hand.
'I...I was going to take pills today Ollie, because I can't live without you...please Ollie, don't let me take these pills..' He tenses his hand on mine, I look down at his face. It's still motionless, did I imagine that?
'I need to do something Ollie...' I dart out the room and into the bathroom.
I pull out the pills and tip them into my hands.
I slowly tip my hand and watch them drop into the toilet, I know what Ollie would say if he was here and what about this baby I can't do that...
I flush the chain and watch the tablets be sucked down with the water.

10 minutes later

I stand stroking Ollie's face, his beautiful face. What I would give to see his baby blue eyes again...I run my fingers through his hair.
'I love you so much Ollie.'
I lean forward and kiss his forehead.
I run my hand down his arm and grip his hand. I close my eyes as tears drop from them, I'm trying to be strong...for the both of us.
The curtain opens, I shoot my eyes open. Cara and Raf re enter. Cara shakes her head. I drop my head.
'His father said to continue...'
I gasp and my eyes flood, I can't lose my best friend, soulmate and husband..
I grip his hand even tighter..I look down at his face.
Raf walks over to the plug.
'Ollie, I know our past has been so complicated...and everything we have been through has been so difficult. But I know now, you was always the one for me. Love doesn't come easy to me Ollie and I know it did for you, but we broke each other's wall and we learnt to love each other. You healed me Ollie, you made me feel whole again...I...'
I see Raf lean towards the plug. I drop my forehead onto Ollie's.
'I..'
My words turn into mumbles and my tears stream my face, I glance back to Cara then Ollie.
'I..am so happy that I met you..'
Raf places his hand on the plug.
'Time of death..'
'STOP!' The curtain swings open. Raf steps back so do I..
'Jac?'
'You can't do this, his father doesn't have consent!' She walks over to me and hands me a notepad.
'Miss Naylor I assure you he does..' Raf walks towards her, I flick my eyes over the page.
'Zosia read it aloud.'
'Dear Elliot,
This is just a thank you note, you really changed me into a better man. If I hadn't of been given that chance I wouldn't be here..' I stop and glance at Ollie.
'Carry on..' Cara sits down.
'In case of another life terminating accident, I would like you to have consent over what happens to me...you always make the right choice Elliot.
Thanks again
Oliver.'
I lift my head up and smile at Jac. There is silence for a moment.
'I shall ring Elliot.' Raf darts to the door, followed by Cara.
I rush over to Jac and hug her.
'Thank you!'
'I couldn't let my doctor die now could I..' She smiles and leaves the room.
Suddenly I hear coughing behind me, I spin round and dart to Ollie.
'Zosia...' He mutters, I rush to his side.
And slowly, He opens his baby blue eyes.