Courage

Ollie's POV
Today we have three contagious patients coming into the ward, apart of the ward is sectioned of and contagious free. We have to wear yellow protective clothing, my stomach is still sore but as jac said I am able to move and walk therefore I am able to work. I exit the lift and head to the changing room, I look at the central desk and see Zosia sat typing on the computer. I see the rose on the desk. I smile to myself and head into changing room. I take of my top and look at the scar in the mirror, the stitches are so neat and the scar should only be minor once I'm better. Zosia walks in.
'How's it doing.'
'It's doing ok'
'Let me look' she walks over to me and places her hands on my stomach, I jump her hands are freezing.
'Sorry..' She laughs.
'Zosia can I borrow you?' Mo pops her head round the corner. Zosia leaves the room.
I slowly pull the yellow shirt over my head, my whole stomach tenses in pain.

Zosia's POV
I walk slowly behind mo.
'What was happening then?' I roll my eyes, is she going to let this drop, ever.
'I was checking his wound'
'Are you sure that's it?'
'Mo, can we just leave this.' I stop.
'Ah mini me, you're here now. Go find Valentine, you're working on one together.' I look a jac.
'Why don't I get to work on my own?'
'Because I'm still having you under monitor.' I don't say anything else I just walk off. Predictable, jac thinks I'm still not in control of my bi-polar but I am.

Ollie's POV
I leave the room and head to the desk. Zosia walks towards me looking unimpressed.
'We have to work on one of the patients together' she half smiles.
'Judging by your face this is a bad thing?' I look a her confused.
'It's not you, jac won't let me because she still thinks..' She stops.
'That you can't deal with the bi-polar.' I touch her shoulder. She nods.
We put on the masks and enter the room.

3hrs later
Zosia leaves the room to collect the test results of the patient. I look at the patient, she was once a doctor here but she went working abroad. Her infection has been brought back from there.
'Nice to see you again, Abbie.' I smile. She lifts up her mask.
'And you too Oliver' she smiles.
'You like her' she looks at me.
'Sorry?'
'Dr March, you like her?' I look around the room.
'Of course I don't.'
'Don't wait to long to tell her' she coughs.
Zosia re enters the room.
'Ok, so your test results are back and it's as bad as we thought.' I look at Zosia.
'I'm going to die, there's nothing you can do' I look back at Abbie.
'I'm sorry, I truly am' Zosia shakes her hand and leaves the room. She often gets tearful around situations like that. I go to go after her but Abbie grabs my hand.
'Listen, I wanted to long to tell my josh I loved him, now I won't get the chance. Don't make the same mistake' I rush out the room and head to the phone records....

Zosia's POV
I sit in the office flicking through a magazine, not reading a single page. I wish that I could help her and not just watch her die. I think back to my mother, watching her die. Her holding my hand and telling me 'never give up on what you want. If it's worth fighting for hold on.' And she closed her eyes and left me in this world without a mother. I like to think she watches me from above, that I'm doing what she always wished I would. I tried to talk to my dad about it, but he won't even mention her. It's like she's been forgot, a memory replaced by another. A knock comes at the door I look up.
'Hello?' I don't know the man.
'Hello, I'm looking for Dr Valentine?'
'I'll take you too him' I lead him down the corridor to Ollie, who's sat at the main desk flicking through sheets.
He stands up.
'Josh, you made it. She's through her'
Ollie leads josh into Abbie's room. I walk over to the door.
'Josh?' Abbie smiles.
We leave the room.
I look at Ollie in astonishment.
'You did this?' He nods. I smile then turn to walk away.
'Zosia.' He pulls me back.
'Yes?'
'I need to get something of my chest. I need you to..

Ollie's POV
'Seb' Zosia sees Seb and turns to face him.
'Can this wait?' She looks back at me.
'Sure' I watch her run over to Seb and hug him. I realise that I shouldn't get involved, she's happy. I walk into the changing room at shut the door.

Zosia's POV
I hug Seb.
'That's a pretty rose, who gave it you?' He points to the desk. I turn around and see Ollie has gone. I glance back and forth
'I don't know, some patient' I look back to Seb.
'Kind gesture.' He smiles.
'I've got work to do, I'll meet later' he leans forward but I kiss his cheek.
I walk into the changing room. Ollie is changed and ready to leave work.
'Hey, you going?'
'Yes. Bye' he walks past me.
'Ollie, what's up?'
'Nothing Zosia' I walk past him and shut the door, locking it too.
'There clearly is Mr Valentine and I'm not having you walk out of her without you telling me.'
He sits down.
'I wanted to tell you something today, but you're happy with Seb.'
I know what's going on here and I see it now, he doesn't see me as a friend.
'Ollie?' I sit next to him.
'It's just I can't stand seeing you with Seb..' I smile.
'Good I'm glad.'
'What?' He looks at me.
'I wanted you to be jealous, I wanted you to say something to me but you didn't, so I thought you didn't feel it too' I look at him.
He looks away, so do I.
'I need to go and meet Seb..' Before I get up, Ollie grabs my chin and turns me the face him and passionately kisses my lips.
I immediately kiss him back. We both stand up and look at each other. I pull of his top and run my hands over his back. He unbuttons my top and pushes me against the lockers. He kisses down my neck. Suddenly a knock comes at the door. I look at Ollie. He quickly grabs his shirt and shouts.
'One second I'm just getting changed' I grab my shirt and button it back up.
'I'll wait at the desk, your needed.'
Ollie smiles at me then unlocks the door. Once the doors closed and let out a sigh of relief and smile to myself.

A Little Hospital Ward ( A Zollie story ) #wattys2016जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें