Consent

I shoot my eyes open and instinctively look at Ollie, still no improvement. Cara stands running tests.
'When are you taking him for the op?'
I slowly stand up and pull myself to the bed.
'Already done.' She smiles at me.
'Any improvements?'
'I'm sorry..' I look down at Ollie's face, I run my hand over his cheekbone and lean forward and kiss his cheek.
'Can I have time alone with him?' Cara nods and exits closing the curtain behind her.
I look back to Ollie.
'I love you.' I interlock my fingers with his.
'I need you to pull through this Ollie because...because..I'm pregnant.' A tear falls from my face.
'And I need my baby to know its father..I hope you can hear me, if you can I suggest you stop not responding..' I place my forehead against his.
'I will wait for you until the end of time, I will always have hope you can pull through this..' A tear falls from my eye to his cheek, I watch it trickle down his cheek. It looks like he's crying but I know it's mine, how much I wish it was his. I look at the bruise along his arm and face, how twisted my fate must be..I fall back into the chair and draw my knees up to my chest.
The curtain opens, Cara and Raf walk in.
'Mrs Valentine, we have looked at the notes and there hasn't been much improvement..we think it's best if we take him of the life support..' I stare at Raf.
'You mean..'
'Yes..' Cara nods.
'No, I don't give consent...I refuse to give you consent to take my husbands life away..'
'Zosia, he's not even breathing..'
'I don't care I refuse to give you consent..' I grab Ollie's hand.
'I'm afraid that the consent isn't yours to give anymore..' Cara lowers her head.
'What?'
'His father is here...' I step forward.
'Ollie doesn't talk to his dad...he wouldn't want him here..' Raf cuts me off.
'I'm sorry Zosia..'
'No, no you can't do this.' My eyes fill.
'Where going to give 2 hours for you and his father to say your goodbyes.' I just stare at Cara, she doesn't make eye contact with me.
'Now Zosia, come with me..' She outstretches her arm, I push past her and dart into the bathroom. Locking the cubicle door behind me, I fall against it and sob. I cradle myself back and fourth.
I hit the wall, maybe a few times. It's not resolving matters but it sure as hell helps. I drop my head into my hands and weep. It feels like my whole world is crushing..I run my hand over my stomach, what are we going to do?
'Zosia..' Cara taps on the door. Twice.
'Just leave me alone..' She doesn't reply, I hear the door shut, I'm alone in the bathroom again. I curl up and sob, I can't lose Ollie. I can't lose my happy ending..hope has to keep us alive.

A few moments later.
I hear the door swing open.
'Get out here now Valentine before I break this door..' Jacs voice beckons at the other side of the door. I slowly get up and unlock the door, Jac stares and me before grabbing me and hugging me.
'It's ok, you don't have to consent.' She smiles.
'It's not my choice anymore, his dad's here.' Jacs face goes blank, she pauses before she storms out of the bathroom.
'Raf..' Jac pulls him to one side, I rush beside her.
'Miss Naylor..' He stares at her.
'You cannot let his dad give consent, Ollie has nothing to do with his father.'
'Miss Naylor, his dad is his only relative..' He hands Jac a medical sheet.
'His wife deserves to choose what happens don't you think..'
'Maybe I should get Serena involved..'
'Or maybe you should do what I say!'
'You don't have control on this ward, now please don't make this worse.' Jac steps back and looks at me.
'If your wife was in the same situation and her family member showed up who she hated..it would be a whole different situation, wouldn't it Mr Diluca..'  She sarcastically smiles, shoves the sheet into his chest and grabs my shoulder making me walk down the corridor with her. 
'I'm sorry Zosia..'
'A lot of people just keep apologising as if that's going to make it ok...' My eyes fill, I turn away from her.
'You need to say your goodbyes.' She grabs my hand, I start to cry more.
'I'm pregnant Jac..' She stops and glares at me.
'O..shit..' I fall into her arms and sob. She just holds me.

20 minutes later
I sit beside Ollie and grab his hand.
'You have to wake up, Ollie...please.' I Stroke his face.
'I met you two years ago yesterday, and you know something I knew from that day I loved you and that I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life. I promise you, I will never, ever stop loving you.. And this baby will grow up to know that it's father was the best man in the world.' I run my hand along my stomach.
'When I told you that I was scared when you found out about my bipolar...I knew you was different, you didn't look at me like everyone else did. I know that you can make it through this, we just don't have time... And if this is the end, then I guess this is till death do us part.' I lean over the bed and gently kiss his stone cold lips,
'I love you Ollie and I need you...you know, when you asked me to marry you I didn't even think about it...and if I had to do meet you all over again I wouldn't change a single thing..'
I run my hand down his face and whisper in his ear.
'And one more request please don't give up on me now...'