18. Off Into the Unknown

Start from the beginning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stiles-POV

I can't believe what I am seeing with my own two eyes.  First, it was a dance, then Boyd began to practically devour her neck with his lips, and now he is grabbing her ass and boob.  I'm done with it I have officially lost my temper.  I scramble to my feet and walk up to Lydia and Boyd.  I tap Boyd repeatedly on the shoulder until he slowly entangles his grasp on her.  Everyone is staring at us in the middle.

"How about if we keep this reunion PG-13 or even better PG?"  I suggest.

Lydia stares into my eyes and pushes my chest softly, "Stiles I can handle it."

"No, Lydia I could see you were trying to get him to stop touching you from the table, but all he did was ignore you.  So, Lydia I am going to get involved,"  I look into her sparkling green eyes and they look a bit glossy. 

"Listen to the Red-Head, man.  She's just a little nervous with me touching her like that so I'm trying to get her to be more comfortable. Besides, I am cool with it.  So why don't you just lay off man,"  Boyd pushes me in the chest a bit harder than what some people would consider a playful shove.  I can tell that he is trying to get under my skin and start a fight.

"Lay off man?"  I am officially so annoyed with Boyd.  Without thinking my fist collides with his jaw.  He ends up on the floor and Erica rushes over to help Boyd get back on his feet.  Before I leave the scene I say,  "by the way her hair is strawberry blonde."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lydia follows me as I flee out of the building and to my jeep in the parking lot.

"What the hell was that?"  She asks and I can tell by her tone that she is angry with me, but I continue walking away.

"I was defending you!"  I bark back at her, picking up my speed.

She runs up to me as I keep walking and whips my body around so I could face her.  "Stiles, you don't have the right to do that.  I could have handled it.  I am not the same helpless teenage girl from high school Stiles," her voice trembles as she yells at me.

"Lyds..."

"Don't Lyds me you understand!  After that little stunt, you pulled with Erica bringing her here with you that felt like a punch in the face.  Then before that you made me believe that you forgave me.  That was just cruel, how could you do that to me? That felt like a stab in the chest?  Tonight was proof that we will never be together anymore.  Which means you don't need to protect me because that's a job for my boyfriend and seeing that I don't have one means that I am going to protect myself which is something that I am fully capable of.  After all, I have done it for awhile now.  I thought you were the good guy Stiles," she sighs.

"Lyds... I am, though," I look into her green eyes that seem like a galaxy with her tears being the luminescent starts.  I remember telling her once that she looked beautiful when she cried, but at the moment she's anything but beautiful.  She's a breathtaking nightmare.  The fact that I intentionally wanted to hurt her only makes the situation ten times worse.

"Stiles, the good guy never gets revenge instead he walks away from the situation or talks it out. And seeing that you did both of those things the sophomoric way. I realize you can't handle the responsibility, the compassion, or the heart to be a good guy," she explains.

"Lyds..." I place my palm over her shoulder trying to console her and perhaps even let her forgive me.

She abruptly shakes my hand off of her and interrupts me, "Can you just drive me back to Allison's?  I told her I was going to head back to her house I just want to leave this stupid catastrophe of a reunion before it gets any worse."