Chapter 1

|Sierra's P.O.V.|

I took a deep breath as I sat up after laying down flat on my bed for almost 2 hours, I was now able to say I had completed the essay I had been stressing over for God knows how long. It didn't help that I my brother was yelling or cheering at the stupid football game he had been watching pretty much all day. My brother Damien was 15 years old which meant he was a sophomore in highschool. We did go to the same school however we had different buildings, seniors and juniors in one building which had all the classes and freshmen and sophomores are in the building next to ours. Even though we all mix up, its all one school. So I don't have to see him and his annoying friends every single period in the halls trying to get girls attention or see who can spit the most further distance. Gross.

As for me, I was a Senior going to the same highschool as my brother, Ridgeway Ave High. I should probably talk about myself now...yeah, I was 17 years old and had just started senior year. I lived in sunny LA with my mom and brother in a beautifully large house. My mom was tanned and her ethnicity was from Sicily, we were Italian. My mom's name was Malia DeMartino and surprisingly, she had me when she was 19 years old. So she was currently 35 and was very young. She had long brown hair with natural blonde highlights, I always said to her she has the most amazing face structure ever, with the perfect cheekbones and skin, I would say me and my mom had a lot of things in common. We both adored Fashion and I also got my stubbornness from her. Her eyes were grey, just like mine and my hair was a Caramel brown colour with blonde highlights, it was my natural hair colour.

As for my father, he passed away when I was only 2, he was in the Army and passed away whilst fighting so it was when my brother was born, we grew up without a dad but he was always watching down on us, that's for sure.

Other then that, I was regular teenage girl. I loved fashion, drawing and music. I was learning to play the piano but hadn't played in a while so I think I might have forgotten.

The big question, did I have a boyfriend? No. Boys were stressful and there was no one in my school I was dieing over. I had a boyfriend but we weren't even that serious, it wasn't a fully committed relationship and now that I think back to it I wandered why I even bothered with boys in the first place. But boys were less dramatic then girls who craved drama at my school.

My school. It wasn't bad, I mean there were the fights and the constant bitching about one girl to another but that's what makes it a high school right? I wasn't known to be a horrible person or one of the fake girls, I was just known to be me. I was kind and I cared greatly for everyone, I believed firmly in second chances and I could never see the bad in someone for some reason, I just found it hard to think negative.

"Your innocence is going to get you killed" Was what my best friend Rachel said to me often. I didn't think too much of it. How can innocence get you killed?

It can when you mix innocent with danger.