6. Barbie's Dream House

Start from the beginning

_______________________________________________

Stiles-POV

I have no idea what just happened.

Was Lydia freaking Martin flirting with me?

Am I being punked by Isaac? Doesn't surprise me if the son of a bitch would.

I finish my business before I exit the bathroom. I waltz back into the living room and Scott and Kira are talking about the pack's living arrangements for the next two weeks.

"So guys," Kira began to speak as we were all sitting on the couches in the living room or the bar stools in the corner. "Don't make fun of me but when Scott and I first bought this house I decided to name each bedroom."

"What Kira is trying to say is that everyone will have a bedroom with a cheesy song title," Scott says as everyone begins to laugh.

"There are exactly six bedrooms and each one sleeps two people," Kira says.

"Kira and I bought the house with two king beds, one bunk bed, and three queen bed. Therefore we were thinking that Allison and Isaac would take a king, Kira and I would take a king, Malia and Theo would sleep in a queen, Danny and Ethan would also share a queen bed, the bunk bed would go to Jackson and Aiden," There was a moment of silence and everyone stares at Lydia and I. "Is it okay if you two bunk together?" Scott awkwardly asks, as the rest of the pack is on the edge of their seats wanting to know our answer.

"It's no big deal as long as he doesn't try anything." She jokes trying to lighten the mood. "If he is fine with it then so am I," Lydia says not making any eye contact with me.

I am shocked by her response and I respond back with, "ya that's cool." Inside I am thinking thank you, Scott! I don't know how I could repay you even though it's going to be a whole new level of awkward and there will probably be a lot of sexual tension between the two of us.

"Well, that's good. Now that we have that figured that out, Scott and I will be residing in A Sky Full of Stars," we all begin to laugh. Kira ignores us and then says, "Allison, you and Isaac will be staying in On My Way. The room I call First goes to Danny and Ethan while Malia and Theo will reside in Hands to Myself. Jackson and Aiden you boys are in I Don't Wanna Be. While Stiles and Lydia will be sleeping together in She Will Be Loved." After hearing all of the song titles for the rooms, of course, Lydia and I get She Will Be Loved.

I have a feeling that the pack has arranged this trip for Lydia and I to realize that we love each other, but I can't fall in love with someone after ten minutes after I haven't seen them for so long. Right? They all act like they know we love each other and we are going to live happily ever after. However, over the past ten years from what I hear Lydia has had a life that doesn't sound that happy or healthy for a person with death surrounding her. I was in a toxic relationship with Malia that made me feel lousy and worthless. Does the pack really think that they can just put two broken down people in a room together and admit that they love each? Honestly, though I have mixed thoughts on the sleeping arrangements, but I am secretly hoping that their plan works. I just wish that they would stop acting like kindergartners, though. They treat Lydia and I like we are toys for their entertainment. Lydia is Barbie and I am Ken living in Barbie's Dream House, I love them and all all, but sometimes they can be a bit controlling and pushy.

The pack grabs their belongings and locate their rooms. I pick up one of Lydia's bags as she directs us to our room. Our room is at the end of the hallway on the top of the steps. Although we were assigned a queen bed our room could easily fit a king bed, it's enormous. The bed has a white comforter with dark brown wooden furniture. I bring our baggage inside the doorway of our room and I see two glass doors covered with sheer white curtains. I walk over to unlock the door and open it to find a view of the beach. The sun is setting and it is a magnificent scenery. I am in complete awe of the beauty of the landscape as I see the ocean crashing up against jagged rocks by a cliff in the distance.

In the corner of my eye, I see a streak of strawberry blonde hair. I look over to see Lydia staring at the view, her emerald green eyes reflecting the color of the sunlight. She looks absolutely gorgeous.  If I had a camera right now I would probably take about a thousand pictures just to attempt to capture and sustain her beauty in a photograph forever.

"Now that's not something you see every day," I say.

"Yeah, it sure isn't something you see in New York," Lydia makes her way next to me and gazes at the view.

"And it is definitely something you don't see in Beacon Hills," I respond as she chuckles pulling her hair behind her ear.

I ask her a few questions about New York and what she loves about it, causing her to grin and start babbling about how happy she is there. She then asks a few questions to me about Beacon Hills. Like, "has is it changed?" And, "how is your Dad?" I give a brief synopsis of my Dad's medical state and a tear trickles down her face. Lydia wraps her arms around my torso, accepting her hug and act of sincerity.

She cries into my chest and muffled,"I'm sorry, Stiles. I know what you are going through.  I lost my Mom to breast cancer back in my junior year of college." Her sympathy about the situation with my Dad comforted me. We stand in each other's embrace for a while, admiring the landscape not saying a word to each other.  As the sun set begins to die down, we both release from our embrace with one another and unpack our things. When I finish unpacking, I lay on the bed exhausted from traveling across the country, and a few minutes later, she lays down beside me. We both look into each other's eyes, setting the scene for us being in an eternity of silence.

Lydia then decides to break the barrier of no noise and she softly says my name, "Stiles." She then continues to speak only now in her normal voice, "I think this is going to be a memorable vacation." She looks into my eyes and laces her fingers with mine.

"I think it's a vacation that is going to be written down in the record books," I say jokingly, causing a smile to appear on Lydia's face.

We rest our bodies on the bed in a completely innocent and harmless way for awhile, until we both hear footsteps booming towards our room. We both jump off of the bed, I run to the bathroom, and she runs off onto the balcony.

Scott opens the door and bursts in exclaiming, "IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!!!"

I slowly come out of the bathroom as Lydia emerges back into our room from the balcony. I can already sense that this dinner is going to be a disaster.

_______________________________________________

Tell me what you think!!!!

By the way, the rooms song names are listed below if you would like to listen to any of them. :)

A Sky Full of Stars-Coldplay

Hands to Myself-Selena Gomez

I Don't Wanna Be-Gavin DeGraw

On My Way-Lea Michele

First-Cold War Kids

She Will Be Loved-Maroon 5