Chapter 36 - Alexander Damian Ford

Alexander's POV

The first time I saw her again I already knew that she's the girl I've loved even from the very start.

But she didn't notice me.

I changed. A lot.

I'm not Peter Faulkerson anymore. The boy who believed in fairytales, and the boy who used to love Neverland. I'm not that boy anymore. I'm now Alexander Damian Ford. A 20 year old guy that secretly loves Wendellaine Jadeson.

*8 years ago*

"Mom, Dad, where are we going?" My mother smiled at me.

"We're taking you to a better place, son." Better place?

"Am I leaving Wendy?" They didn't answer.

"Mom, Dad." I called them again but this time they didn't answer or even bothered to look. They're busy talking about business.

I looked at my sister beside me.

"Hi Kaycee." She's sleeping and hugging that teddy bear of hers.

It's my birthday. Just so you know. And I don't like birthdays. I feel old.

"Happy birthday again, Peter." My Dad told me. I smiled and didn't even bother to thank him.

"What gift do you want for-"

Mom wasn't able to finish her sentence because of a loud gun shot that woke my sister up. She went hysterical.

"Hush, Kaycee. Hush." I said.

"Jolina, nandito sila." Who?

"Fred, anong gagawin natin? Paano 'yung mga bata?"

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Just stay here with your sister, Peter. Don't leave her alone, okay?" My mom kissed me.

"What's really happening, mom?"

"Whatever happens, always remember that your father and I loves the both of you." Kaycee started crying and so do my parents. What's all the fuss about? Why is everybody crying? I thought they're taking us to a better place? Then why are they all crying?

"Mom, Dad, what-" My sentence was cut when a loud gun was shot again.

"Kailangan na natin umalis, Jolina. Hindi nila tayo kailangang maabutan dito." My mom covered her mouth and started crying silently.

"I love you both.." She kissed Kaycee and I. "Always remember that."

"Magtago kayo. Dito lang kayo sa ilalim ng upuan. Don't let them see you, okay?" My father told me.

"What's happening, Dad?" He smiled sadly.

"Make me proud, son."

"Just hide, okay? I love you." Before I could even speak they already left.

I told Kaycee to hide with me under the seats of our car. She kept on crying and I don't know how to stop her.

She cried even louder when there were two gun shots.

"Don't worry, Kaycee. I'll protect you." I hugged her.

She fell asleep a few minutes later so I decided to peek at the window of our car.