Chapter 106: Beautiful Soul

I freeze.

I squeeze my eyes shut and inhale a deep breath, my heartbeat pounding loudly in my ears.

This isn't real.

This is all just some sick, twisted, awful, really messed up fucking nightmare.

I open my eyes again, and look at Charlotte. She's playing on her iPad, aimlessly tapping away at the screen.

She doesn't deserve this. Charlotte has the sweetest soul and most caring heart. She's happy and bubbly and energetic. She always has the wide, toothy smile on her soft, innocent, angelic face. You could give her a painted rock and she would act like you just gave her the world. She has yet to see the bad in the world, and I wanted it to stay that way forever. But now she has cancer. She doesn't deserve this.

Tears start freely and uncontrollably falling down my face. I suddenly can't breath. I cling onto my shirt, pulling at it. "I-I can't b-bre-breath!" I gasp and slowly fall to my knees as sobs overtake me.

It takes a while for me to calm down.

"Mommy, what wrong?" Charlotte asks.

I suck in a deep breath.

I told Alison I was going shopping, and that Charlotte wanted to go with me. Because I thought this was all just a misunderstanding. That Charlotte just had a small stomach. That she would be fine.

But that wasn't the case.

What it really was, was Stage Two Leukemia that was quickly spreading, moving on to Stage Three.

"She's just a baby." I whisper. "She's my baby."

Charlotte looked at me with a questioning look. She didn't know what was happening. She thought we were here to, 'say hi to Meredith'.

I suck in a deep, shaky breath, and run my hands through my hair. "This isn't happening..." I whisper.

"We want to start chemo as soon as possible." The doctor begins.

"My wife doesn't even know." I cut him off. "She thinks we're at the store!" I laugh unhumorously, become hysterical. "We have four other kids!" I exasperate.

Anger takes me over.

Charlotte doesn't deserve. My baby does not deserve.

I scream, infuriated, and angrily punch the wall. I hiss in pain as it surges up my arm. "Fuck!" I cry.

I pace around the room, thinking.

I need to call Hanna.

I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and go to my contacts, quickly clicking on Hanna's.

"Hello?" Her cheery voice pipes up happily.

I get angry.

"Hanna, I need you to bring Alison to the hospital." I say right away.

"What? Why? What happened?" Hanna asks, obviously worried and panicking.

"Can you just hurry?!" I yell, and hang up.

I sit next to Charlotte, and turn her towards me. Tears start falling down my cheeks again, and I bring her into me, cradling her.

I take a picture of her soon after she falls asleep. I want to capture every second of her.

I smile at the picture. I decide to post it to Instagram.

This sweet, beautiful, perfect little soul is breaking my heart. Oh, how I love you so, Charlotte Emilia Easton [DiLaurentis] Fields. 💔❤️

I laugh at how long her name is. I remember the day we were naming her, Alison and I arguing over what named we liked.

"Eden likes the name Amy." Alison said, crinkling her nose.

"And I'm guessing you don't?" I chuckle, poking her nose.

"No." Alison answers with a soft laugh. "I do, however, like Emilia."

"That's cute and all, but Emilia and Emily Fields?" I ask. "That's a bit confusing."

"What about Lennox?" Alison smiled.

"Definitely not." I chuckle, shaking my head. "Do you like Mackenzie?"

"Hell. No." Alison answers bluntly.

"Why not?!" I exclaim, laughing. "Mackenzie is a cute name."

"I know, but I don't want to name my kid that."

I sigh. "Ooh! Charlotte?" I smile.

"That's cute." Alison smiles. "Charlotte Emilia."

"Yeah, no." I blurt. "Charlotte Easton."

"Ugh! No!" Alison groans. She pauses for a few seconds. She smiles. "How about Charlotte Emilia Easton?" She asks.

"I love it." I whisper with a content grin on my face.

I let out a shaky breath, looking at my sleeping daughter.

I should've noticed sooner.

I blame myself.

I just feel like this is my fault.

After another fifteen minutes, Alison and Hanna burst into the room, startling Charlotte to where she wakes up.

"What's wrong?!" Alison asks out of breath. "You don't look hurt."

"The only hurt I feel is how heavy it is on my heart." I mumble. I gently stroke Charlotte's soft cheek.

"What happened?" Alison asks.

I take in a deep breath. "I...lied to you." I start off. "I didn't stay home yesterday." I add. "And I didn't go to the store tonight."

"What is it?" Hanna urges.

"Charlotte...she's...she's sick." I choke out, and gulp loudly.

"Can't she just take some medicine?" Hanna chuckles confusedly.

"No, I...I mean, she's really sick, Han." I try, emphasis on really.

I look up at the blondes, they both are confused. I'm about to say something when Alison's face suddenly drops and the color drains.

"What?" She whispers, tears already falling down her flushed cheeks.

Hanna looks at Alison's reaction, and by her face, I can tell she's going over the conversation in her head again.

"Oh my god." She suddenly blurts. A sob escapes Alison's lips, and she quickly tales the toddler into her arms. "Oh my god!" She cries, holding Charlotte close against her chest.

My heart aches.

This isn't how it's supposed to be.

A/N I'm trying so hard to make this believable. I'm a terrible writer.

Q: Do my readers want the triplets to be identical? Or nah? Because I don't lol.

Update: when I reach 420 followers.
;)))