Chapter 39: Christmas

Why do I feel like the ages some of you guessed is how old some of you are?

Whatever. Continue.

Alison POV:
"I didn't mean to." Emily speaks quietly. "I was aiming for Tyler."

"Just go inside." I tell her, slightly annoyed. "You were supposed to be watching Charlotte." I say, and wipe the snow off of my face.

"It's too cold for her outside!" Emily snaps.

"You could've stayed inside." I say in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I still want to have fun!" Emily says in a harsh tone. "And you were right in the kitchen!"

"What if she had stopped breathing? Would I have known?" I say angrily.

"But she didn't! And she isn't going to!"

"Whatever." I scoff, and walk back into the kitchen.

[...]

Christmas Day

Emily POV:
"Hi, come in." I say to Ali and my parents with a smile on my face.

"Merry Christmas." Jessica says, and kisses my cheek.

"Merry Christmas!" I cheer, and hug my parents and Alison's.

"Welcome to our home!" Alison exclaims, finally coming out of our bedroom.

"Tyler and Jason stayed here last night, and they're still asleep." Alison informs everyone.

"I thought so." My mom laughs.

"Uh, you could all sit in the living room. We've got food and drinks in the kitchen. Bathroom is down the hallway on the left, bedrooms are down the hallway on the right." I tell everyone.

We all sit down and make small talk until there's a knock on the door.

I get up and open it and I'm greeted by Spencer, Melissa, Veronica and Peter.

"Hi!" I exclaim.

Spencer steps in a gives me a hug and I shake hands with everyone.

One by one, the house starts filling up with guests.

Jason and Tyler eventually wake up, and we start getting lunch ready.

"Aria, pass the salt!" Spencer yells.

"Mike is using it!" Aria responds.

"Where's the milk?" Peter asks.

"I have it! Someone pass the butter!" My mom calls out.

Things are being called out from every corner of the kitchen.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to all make Christmas lunch and dinner together.

[...]

Alison POV:
"Okay. Lunch is ready!" I yell, and my voice echoes through the small house.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and walk into the living room.

"Hello?!" I call out.

I must have been too focused on making the table perfect.

Charlotte is asleep in her pack n' play, but no one is in the living room with her.

I look outside and see Peter, Veronica, Ashley, Ted, Tom, Byron, Ella, Pam, Wayne, and my parents sitting on the deck in chairs.

Then I see Emily, Hanna, Spencer, Aria, Mike, Tyler, Jason and Melissa having a snowball fight.