Chapter 97: The Best Christmas

Charlotte and Eden, 3 and 4. December 18, 2016. (Ironic O.o)

Alison POV:
"Seven days until Christmas!" I cheer as I make breakfast.

"That also means one month until Eden turns five." Emily pouts.

"I know." I chuckle.

"She'll be starting actual school next year!" Emily exclaims, throwing her hands up into the air. "I'm having an existential crisis!"

I laugh. "Calm down."

Emily sighs. "I remember a few Christmases ago. When Charlotte was a right under a month old." She smiles.

"Yeah. I remember those last few days of twenty-thirteen." I say. "I also remember the first couple weeks of twenty-fourteen." I huff. "How you and Tyler scared the shit out of me." I say, pointing the knife at her.

"That wasn't my fault." She says in defense, putting her hands up.

"I know that." I roll my eyes. "But still!"

"Put the knife down!" Emily laughs.

I chuckle. "I'm not going to hurt you."

Eden walks into the kitchen, only wearing her purple underwear. "Morning." She says, and opens the fridge. The grabs the carton of milk, and opens it.

"Don't your dare." I laugh.

Eden smirks at me, and puts the carton up to her lips. She looks directly into my eyes before drinking from it.

"You little brat!" I exclaim.

"Hey! Be nice to uncle Fred!" Emily shouts jokingly.

"Uncle Fred?!" Eden acclaims. "Who the hell is that?!"

"Watch your mouth!" I say sternly.

"You're in your underwear drinking out of the milk carton. You're like that one weird uncle." Emily tells the blond child.

Eden lifts one of her eyebrows, and puts the carton back. "I'm a girl!"

"Doesn't change the fact that you're weird!" Emily yells at Eden as she walks away.

"I have a feeling this is going to be a really great Christmas." Emily smiles.

---

Christmas Eve eve

"When are these babies going to be here?" Pam jokes as her and I bake Christmas cookies.

"I feel your pain. I want them here so bad, but I also need to hold them for as long as possible." I laugh. "Four months or less!"

"That's too far away." Eden huffs as she stuffs a ball of cookie dough into her mouth.

Her legs are hanging over the edge of the counter, swaying back and forth. She's looking down at the ground, her chin resting on her chest.

"Patience, girly." I chuckle.

"Have you decided on names?" Tyler asks, sitting next to Eden.

"Not yet." I sigh. "We've only got one."

"And that is...?" He trails off.

"Dylan." Eden answers.

"Dylan what?"

"Dylan Wayne, actually." I say, and smile widely at Tyler and Pam. Tears brim in Pam's eyes. Wayne was recently diagnosed with a heart disease, and I'm sure that makes her happy.