Chapter 87: Old Mistakes

I decided to update. I went to my first football game yesterday. :/ I was dying. Oh! And my phone is fixed. ❤️👏🏻👌🏻

---

Juan month later - June 18, 2016

Emily POV:
"I just don't understand! If she wanted comfort, she could've come to me! I'm her wife! I would understand!" I ramble to Maya and Sara. "I'm not even sure why she always gets upset while talking about this. I mean...We want to have another baby. Maybe it's because we don't agree on everything. But I mean, come on. I said I forgive her, but I don't think I do."

---

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk into the house. I hang my keys up and toss my bag onto the kitchen island. I slip my shoes off and look around. "Hello?"

"I hewe!" Charlotte yells as she runs over to me and wraps her arms around my legs.

"Where's mama and sissy?" I ask her and pick her up.

"Sweepin."

I walk into mine and Alison's room and sure enough, Eden and Alison are asleep. "I was sweepin too." Charlotte tells me. "But no more."

I throw Charlotte onto the bed and she squeals. "My tummy!" She giggles. She crawls over to Alison and knocks on her head. "Wake up!"

Alison groans and opens her eyes. "Hey, Char. Hey, babe." She says sleepily.

I sigh. "I got a raise!" I exclaim. "They really liked my pictures." I tell Alison.

"That's great! I knew photography would fit you just great!" She exclaims. "You and Aria could work together."

(A/N I don't go into detail on jobs. Oops.)

Eden wakes up and looks around confused. "What..." She whispers and pushes her hair out of her face.

"Why, there's my pretty four year old!" I exclaim and pick her up.

She laughs. "I'm too big for you to hold." She exclaims and I frown.

Charlotte giggles. "I two!" She acclaims.

"Almost three." Eden adds and Alison whimpers.

"No! Not almost three! Her birthday is five months away. You are both still my little babies." Alison says and grabs them, cuddling them.

"Mommy, I am four and a half!" Eden says. "I'm a big girl now!"

I laugh.

"So, where were you these last two hours?" Alison suddenly asks me.

"I went to work, and then I went to Maya and Sara's. You know...you sleep a lot." I change the subject.

"I thought you didn't have to work today...?" Alison trails off.

"I had to help a friend of mine with pictures." I tell her.

"Oh. Which friend?" Alison smiles.

"Samara." I purse my lips.

"You mean the one that has a crush on you?" Alison queries and her smile drops.

"Yeah. But she knows I'm married." I shrug. "And have two children. Legally. I mean, I adopted them, after all."

"I'm sure she can take care of the pictures by herself." Alison chuckles. "She's a grown up."

"I know. But I was just helping her." I shrug. "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing if she has a crush on you, Emily." Alison says harshly and I raise an eyebrow.

"Hm. This reminds me of something..." I challenge. Alison raises an eyebrow. "What?" She snaps.

I purse my lips. "Does Noel ring a bell?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Alison snaps.

"What?" I innocently ask.

"Noel was comfort."

"And Samara needed help. What's so wrong about that?" I cock my head to the side. "I didn't do anything wrong." I pout.

Alison scoffs. "Wow. Real mature, Emily." She says sarcastically and rolls her eyes.

"I am being mature." I smile sweetly. "Maybe you just need to take a chill pill."

I didn't mean to say it. It just slipped out.

Alison scoffs again. "Wow. Okay." She smiles angrily sarcastically. "You really want to do this right now?"

"Do what?" I grin. "Maybe I needed comfort, too."

Alison furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" She rolls her eyes.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all." I sigh. "It's just that, my wife just loves to yell at me. And then put the blame on me. But don't worry, it's nothing. Really."

"You're the one that went to Samara!"

"I went to Maya and Sara! You went to Noel!" I raise my voice. "Noel fucking Kahn! Ladies man and total player!"

"So?" Alison asks.

"So? So?! You're bi! Hell, not even! You could fall in-" I stop talking. I never thought about this before. My eyes dart to the ground as the realization dawns on me.

"What? Noel is an old mistake! Yes, he tried to kiss me-"

"What?" I cut her off. "He what?!"

"He...h-he tried to kiss me." She repeats.

That's where I lose it.

Tears start falling from my eyes and my heart beats rapidly against my ribcage. I take in multiple deep breaths, trying to get rid of the sick feeling in my stomach. I bend over, hands on my knees.

"Wh-Emily? The hell? What are you doing?" Alison asks.

I hold my finger up to her, telling her the be quiet.

"Emily-"

I cut her off by running to the washroom and puking.

"Are you okay?" Alison asks, walking in behind me.

She holds my hair and rubs my back, waiting for me to finish.

"No!" I cry after a few minutes. "I'm not okay." I mumble as tears fall down my face. "I'm sad. I am really sad."

Alison's face drops. "I'm sorry."

A loud sob escapes my lips. "I just get over protective. And with Noel...I-I know you aren't straight, but you're also not lesbian. And you're not exactly bi, either. And I realized... I realized... You could fall in love with anyone you want. Girl, guy. Almost. And that... that scares me. A lot. Because I love you. A fucking lot. And I really do not want to lose you." I cry as I clutch my knees to my chest.

Alison sits on the floor next to me and pulls me into her. "Hey, hey. Shh. I love you. Noel is an old mistake. He tried, and I slapped him across the face. Hard." She says to me and I crack a small smile. Alison smiles back. "You're never going to lose me." She whispers and kisses my forehead.

"Promise?"

"Promise."