Chapter 82: Labor Day

Texas is a killer. Ugh. Too hot.
I feel like I annoy people. I'm a happy person, yes, but I feel like people don't like me. And it makes me sad. So, I'll just get awkward. And I don't like talking to people, because I feel like they don't like me. And if I'm sad, or upset, I don't draw attention to it, and I don't tell people. But I'll get very blunt and flat. And just...Whatever.

---

Labor Day Weekend - September, 2015 (Alison has her rings off rn fyi)

Alison POV:
"Mama! Pwease I go swimmin?" Eden asks.

"Sure. But stay with mommy, okay?" I tell her as I cut watermelon.

"Okay!" She smiles and runs off in her pink bikini. Emily picked it out, not me.

I continue cutting the watermelon when Emily walks in with Charlotte in her arms. "Hey, babe." She smiles at me.

"Where's Eden?" I ask her as I turn around in worry.

"With Sammy and her kids." Emily tells me and chuckles. "Chill."

I roll my eyes. "Don't tell me to chill."

"Unless it's Netflix and chill, right?" Emily says with her signature smirk on her face.

Again, I roll my eyes.

"I'm kidding! Sheesh!" Emily laughs. "I'm going to lye Charlotte down for a nap." She tells me and walks off to Charlotte's room.

A few minutes later, Spencer and Toby walk through the door.

"Hey! There's the happy, newly weds! How was Greece?" I ask as I put the knife down to hug them.

"Amazing. I want to go back." Spencer sighs. "It's so beautiful there and the people were so nice."

"Definitely a change from what we're used to." Toby chuckles. "Where is everyone?"

"Eden is outside with some friends and Emily is lying Charlotte down for a nap." I tell them.

Hanna and Caleb arrive shortly after and I immediately gush over Carter. "He's getting so big!" I exclaim as I take the one year old, blue eyed boy. I rake my fingers through his thin brown hair and kiss his head.

Hanna laughs. "I know! My baby is growing up." She pouts and rubs his head. I gasp and grab Hanna's hand. "When did this happen?!" I exclaim, referring to the engagement ring on her hand.

"Two days ago!" Hanna squeals and we jump up and down.

"I just saw you last week! What in the world?!" I shriek and admire the rock. "This is so pretty, oh, my gosh!" I say in awe.

Emily POV:
I lye Charlotte in her crib and stare at her for a few seconds before leaving the room, closing the door behind me. She'll fall asleep eventually.

I walk out and see Alison and Hanna fangirling over Hanna's engagement ring.

I laugh and Eden comes running inside. "I hungy!" She groans.

"Okay." I say and hand her a small bowl of grapes.

She bites one and makes a sour face. "It musy!" (Mushy) she attempts to slit it in the trash, but misses and it falls in the floor. She throws the other half, missing the trash an again, and looks up at me. We both shrug. "Mama will clean it up." I tell Eden and she smiles.

She giggles and dumps the rest of the grapes on the ground and I gasp and dart across the room and jump onto the beanbag before Alison can tell I did anything.

"Mama! I made mess!" Eden exclaims and drops her bowl on the floor before walking off to go back outside, after grabbing a slice of watermelon.

Alison sighs and starts cleaning up the grapes. "Emily, I know this is on you."

I gasp and put my hand to my chest. "Pfft! Whaaat?!"

I stand up and help Alison clean up the grapes. "I'm messing with you." I say and go to give her a kiss but she pushes my face away. "No kisses for you." She says.

I'm about to protest, but stop myself. "...Fine. I'll just call Maya St. Germain over." I shrug and stand up.

"Don't you dare." Alison says through gritted teeth.

I raise my shoulders. "Too late. I already did." I say and run out of the house, Alison chasing me.

I jump over the railing on the deck and land in the sand and Alison runs down the steps.

I laugh as I stand up and sprint across the beach. I'm just at the shoreline when Alison tackles me and we both fall into the water.

"You're so lucky we have our bikinis on, otherwise I would be pissed!" I shriek and wipe my hair out of my eyes. Alison glares at me. "You'd be pissed? I am pissed! Your ex girlfriend?! Seriously, Emily?" She speaks angrily. I laugh. "I'm sorry! I haven't seen her in forever. Plus, she has a girlfriend. Her name is Sara Harvey." I smile and squeeze Alison's ass.

Alison sighs. "Alright."

I stand up and grab her hand, dragging her further into the water.

"What are you doing?" She giggles.

I shrug and look around. There aren't many people out here. Most of them are out of town.

I slip my hand into Alison's bottoms and she smirks.

---

Alison rests her chin on my forehead as she comes down from her high.

"Do you think anyone heard your moaning?" I chuckle as I run my fingertips on her sides.

"Oh, I heard her." A voice says. Hanna. "You two need to learn how to be quiet." She laughs.

"Yeah." CeCe chimes in. "What the actual fuck."

I'm laughing and Alison is hiding her face in my chest.

"Whatever. Let's go eat." I say.

We all get out of the water and everyone that stayed home for the holiday all eat together. Aria and Jason showed up and Spencer brought Charlotte out.

We end up swimming until ten and then we stargaze.

"We're such losers!" Hanna groans. "But this is really relaxing." She adds.