Beach

So the craze about L.A. was true.

It is a pretty crazy place.

We left the café and began working our way to the beach. There were people in the weirdest outfits. Someone was in a horse-chicken hybrid suit. Another person was walking with his pants so low, I was waiting for him to trip. Some girl was strutting around in the skimpiest shorts ever. And that's all she was wearing.

I will never unsee that.

We walked along store fronts until we got to the edge of the street. There, was a parking lot and behind that was the beach. We picked up the pace and began speed-walking to the beach. The sun was beginning to set already.

All of us got to the sand. It was beautiful. I had never been out of Wisconsin and the only bodies of water I got were cold lakes. The ocean was calmly rolling onto the sand. The sound was so relaxing. James was the first to put his foot on the sand. He looked longingly towards the water.

"Go" I whispered to him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

He sprinted faster than the taxi we had caught together in New York. James was practically flying across the sand. In less than a second, he dove into the water.

"What in the name of Zeus does he think he's doing?" Gabby yelled.

"Let him be" I said gently, never taking my eyes off of James. He looked so at home in the water.

The rest of us walked across the sand. Dan was talking to Gabby and MK about how we were going to find the entrance. Eric stuck his hands in his pockets, looking like he wanted to disappear. But I was focus on James. The way he was gliding through the water made me want to melt.

Darn, he was cute!

   We made it to the edge of the water. MK had said something to Gabby and Dan that set them off, and now they were in a heated discussion about strategy. James looked like a dolphin they way he was jumping around.

   The orange sun was half sunken into the horizon across the sea leaving the sky with an orange-pink color that was absolutely amazing. The sun's reflection in the water wavered every time a gentle wave lulled into shore. James's head broke the surface.

"Little wolf, get in here!" He called out to me.

"Well- I-uh, don't we have to get going?" I stuttered.

"Come on Amanda, let you yourself have some fun!" MK told me.

"Let's go!" James said.

   Don't get me wrong, I enjoy swimming. I'm not some cliche fanfiction story of how I can't swim, I'm just not very good at swimming in oceans. I feel like the tide is gonna pull me out. Then again, James was with me.

I laughed.
"Coming!"

   I kicked my sneakers off and leaped into the water. My head went under the warm water, and it was awesome! So relaxing. I felt something from underneath me and James scooped me out of the water, "lover's leap" style. We both laughed.

   I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he seemed to hold me tighter. We stared at each other's eyes. I was lost in those beautiful sea green eyes, and I didn't even realize that he and I were soaked to the bone.

   Somewhere from shore, MK whistled. James gently dropped me. We looked at each other for a few more seconds before we both dropped the gaze. James opened his mouth as if to say something, but I had another plan.

"Race ya!" I called, kicking off the ground and starting a stroke.

"Oh, you don't know what you just asked for Amanda!" James threaten with a laugh, following me.

   And yes, we did race into the sun set. I know, cliché. But it was the best thing ever.