Flying Shoes

We took another bus into the main part of Manhattan to the base of the Empire State Building. I was paired up with Jess today. It turns out she's pretty nice. We were making jokes about the faces of the guards who run the building when 200+ demigods walked in demanding to go to the 600th floor.

"600th floor please" Chiron asked one of the guards.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" the guard said with a straight face.

"I have 234 demigods with me in a formal lobby, and we are not leaving until we get up there" Chiron fired back.

"Fine, stairs only, it's a business day" the guard agreed.

Everyone groaned.

"Demigods do not worry, you can use magic to get up. Hecate cabin, please teleport the Aphrodite cabin, the Demeter cabin, and the Iris cabin as well as your own. Hermes please hand out as many flying shoes as you can. Ares cabin and Eric please summon undead to carry a few cabins. James, summon a geyser to carry up the rest of the cabins" Chiron decided.
*************************************
   Have you ever tried to use winged shoes? If you haven't, you're not missing out on much.

I face planted a few times before totally crashing. Thankfully Jess taught me how to fly and I would love to say I got the hang of it, but that would be a lie. I finally made it up the stairs, but bruised all over.

"Hey, long time no see. You okay?" Madi asked when we made it to the landing.

I wasn't sure if she meant the "flight" up the stairs, or last night so I just said fine.

"Good!" Madi said.

"Yeah, so have you ever meet your mom before today?" I asked

"Actually no. I'm really excited. I can't wait. I think you're gonna be claimed to day" Madi stated.

"I hope" I replied.

"You might wanna get changed or something" Madi said, looking me over.
I looked down and saw my bruises and my clothes looked really bad. I guessed that my hair wasn't any better.

"Here, I know someone. Megan!" Madi yelled.

I saw a blonde streak rush through the crowd.

"Hey!" The girl said over enthusiastically, "Does someone actually want my fashion help?!" She squealed.

"Yeah we do, could you help Amanda here. Fix her up?" Madi asked.

"Gods yeah!" Megan exclaimed.

She had purple braces, sort of  wavy blonde hair, and purple glasses. She looked about 12 and was actually really pretty, in more of a natural way.

"Hi I'm Megan from the Aphrodite cabin, I'm gonna make you look better then you did before" she bounced.

"Uh.... Thanks"I replied.
She closed her eyes and put her hands out, palms up, slowly raising them higher.

"She's really good at this, even though no one takes her seriously because of her looks. Probably one of the best. And definitely the most giving" Madi whispered.

Then abruptly Megan turned her palms down was pushed them down really fast. As she did I felt a tingly sensation rush through me and my hair popped back into a braid that ran along the right side of my head. The rest of my brown hair fell around my head, which looked better then my ponytail.

Most of my bruises went away, but the pain didn't.  My clothes slowly went back to a clean, crisp look. My orange camp t-shirt was looking good. Or as Megan put it, "on fleek". 

Chiron was telling people to walk single file across the quartz steps leading to Olympus. I didn't know what it looked like, until I saw the stairs. I was literally looking at the "Stairway to Heaven".