The Hudson River

I pulled with all my might, but James had a strong grip. He was running so fast through the alleyways I swear he lifted of the ground a little before hitting the ground with his other leg.

"Stop! Let me go!" I screamed.

"Quiet, someone might think I'm hurting you. Shush" James fired back.

   It seemed like he was letting his legs guide him. We were running for EVER. I felt so tired, but James looked fine. I saw a smile on his face as he ran faster.

"Where are we going?!" I asked out of breath. I almost collapsed.
He slowed down to a stop.
"We're here" he said.

   I stared in awe. The water was glistening in he sun. Although dirty, it was magnificent.

"Welcome to the Hudson River. Follow me" he said jumping off the dock.

"The water is really dirty" I said in protest.

He grabbed me by the wrist, and ran to the dock.
"How have you not passed out yet from running" I complained, trying to keep my feet moving fast.

   The world was spinning. I felt like I was going through a tunnel. It almost went black when I felt something scoop me up.

   2 seconds later I felt like I as flying. Then I was wet. I couldn't breathe, but then I felt like I stepped into an air bubble.

  James hand had slipped into mine and my vision came back. I was underwater with James, IN A GIANT BUBBLE.
I screamed.

"Calm down. I made this bubble so we could breathe, now answer my question" he urged.

I stayed silent.

So did he. Awkward!

"Okay fine!" I blurted after a while.

He smirked, like it was part of his plan.

"Good, because I'm going to figure you out" he replied coolly.

We waited in silence a bit longer before I broke it.

"I'm different"

"I know, we all are" James replied.

"Different from you guys too. I'm different in a bad way"

"No your not, because there is no such thing as different in a bad way"

"Then I'm the exception, as always. I know people talk about me behind their backs. After the incident last night I may never fit in. I figured if I don't talk, they have nothing to talk about" I explained.

"Look, when you are claimed, you'll have a family that will love and help you, unless it's Aphrodite cabin, then it's every fashionista for themselves" James chuckled.
I laughed. "Thanks"

"That's what I was trying to accomplish the whole time, now let's get going"