Disappearance

Right behind us.

That's where the largest hellhound in the universe stood. I began to back away slowly. James just stood there in fear, staring at the beast.

"James" I whispered.

He remained still. The beast prowled forwards, so his face was an inch away from James's. I turned my bow into a crossbow on my arm.

"James"

The hellhound shifted on its paws, as of wondering what part of James to rip apart fist. James began to shake in fear.  I was now a about a yard away from James, and I dared not come any closer. But now I was considering otherwise. A quick plan formed in my head as the hellhound licked its lips. I leaped forward and snatched up James's hand. I yanked him backwards and he shook out of his daze. The hellhound barreled in our wake.

"I-I uh, I-" James stuttered.

"It's fine, just run" I shouted to him.

A large tree was in front of us and we split our hands apart.

Bread and butter I thought.

Un luckily for us, there was not point where we could regroup. I ducked behind a tree and James did the same. The hellhound stopped and sniffed the air. He looked in my direction and I held my breath, then he looked at James. The creature sprinted to James.
He rolled out of the way right before the hellhound got to him. James ran super fast to me.

"Over there!" I screamed, pointing to a bunch of trees.

James swerved and hid in the center. The hellhound bounded after him, but was too large to fit. So as luck would have it, the hellhound turned around and started after me.

   I ran as fast as my legs could take me, but I was tired and ready to collapse. The hellhound was already catching up to me. My vision blurred from all the blood I was losing. And as if things weren't bad enough, I heard Sadie scream.

"S-Sadie?!" I yelped.

No response. Then I heard Madi grumble something that was muffled. Megan let out a shriek that was cut short.

"Megan? Madi? MK?" I puffed. The hellhound closed in on me.

"Present!" MK yelled. I could see a faint outline of her running away from a small, yet fierce hellhound.

With the strength I had left, I slapped the hellhound and jumped on the nearest tree stump. I swiped a branch and used it to vault over a fence.

Wait, a fence?

Looking up I saw a giant watch tower. I jogged to the opening and scrambled up the stairs. The top was an empty, dusty, and flat room. Well, almost empty.

"You" I said accusingly, pointing a finger that the mysterious man.

"Impressive, you finished much faster than most. You truly are a suitable leader"

"Get my friends up here now"

"Oh, I can't. They have to prove worthy. I can't control want happens in this playing field"

   I rushed to the dingy window and rubbed the dirt out of the way. I saw Gabby fending off 3 hellhounds with ease. She seemed worn out, though. I kept seeing rainbows out of the left corner, and I knew it was Dan summoning deadly rainbows. Weird.

There was a thunking sound coming from the stairs and James emerged from the doorway. He was panting and a cut on his face was gushed by with blood. His back suit with a blue tie was ripped and was covered with dirt.

"You look well" I mocked.

"Ha ha" he wheezed.

All of a sudden, I felt like I was going through a tunnel. My eyes focused on a floor board and I couldn't look away. I plopped down on the floor. It was probably from blood loss.

"Whoa, are you okay?" James asked.

"Do I look like I'm okay?"

James rushed over to me.
"When the others get here, I'll give you the ambrosia. They have the bags"

I nodded my head. Very quickly, I felt unable to breathe. The room seemed to drop in temperature. I shuddered. Then the world disappeared.

Dun, dun, dun! Hey guys I just wanted to make a quick announced that I have another book! Well, it's not exactly a book, more like a comedy book, but whatever. It's called: You Know You're a Fangirl When...
I think you guys will like it. So please go check it out.

LATER