Michigan

We left that dreadful place on Prince and got as far away as possible. The day was going to be a hot one even though September was around the corner. The humidity in the air made me feel like I was back in Agartha.

"James, can't you do something about this humidity?!" Sadie complained.

"Sure" James heaved.

He put his hands next to him and closed his eyes. James took a deep breath and pushed his hands away. The air cleared up and it felt a lot better.

"That's better" Sadie said.

I leaned over towards him.

"Thanks" I whispered.

He smiled, but looked slightly annoyed towards Sadie. He was not happy. I opened my backpack and searched around for my GPS. I saw that we were only 6 hours from Michigan, but that was by car. We had an awesome fast dragon to fly us around.

"Soon, we'll be in Michigan!" I said.

"Gabby, when we land I need you to help me with something!" Megan called up to Gabriella.

"Sure" Gabriella said.

"Oh, um Gabby? Can you pass me that water bottle please?" I asked gently.

"No. And by the way, only people I can tolerate can call me Gabby. It's Gabriella to you" she snipped.

I was ready to put my tiny, clammy hands around her neck and throw her off this dragon. I was starting to shake with rage.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down" Megan cooed, pulling me back with my shoulders.

When she did that, I realized what I was doing.

"S-sorry" I stuttered.

I took a shaky breath and closed my eyes. When I closed them, I remembered that I hadn't slept all night. I slumped over and got comfortable. Soon, I was sawing logs.

I dreamt that I was in a tree farm. It was almost like a maze, and I was definitely lost. There were stumps of trees that had been cut down and there were thorns all over the place. There was cold laughter coming from nowhere, but everywhere. I heard a girl scream. It was Sadie. I opened my mouth to talk, but no words came out. This all felt way too real. Looking down, I saw I was in a wedding dress. It was the one that I had thought about every time someone brought up a wedding. A simple, smooth white dress. I began to run, tripping through twigs and tree stumps. The laughter rippled through the trees again. I looked upwards, and there was a dark cloud over me.

Then the dream shifted.

Now I was on a mountain. I heard a blood curdling male scream come from the top, and I was on the lower level of the mountain. An eagle soared in from the distance, heading directly for the top of the man on the mountain. As the eagle got closer, I saw that it was massive. The eagle let out a caw and went in for the prey. That man. I began to run up the mountain, but I knew I was too late. I was almost at the top when the dream went black.

I opened my eyes to see a welcome sign. We were in Michigan.