Bus Ride

I finally got up and put on my orange camp T-shirt. Walking to the meal pavilion, I was thinking what I should do when everyone sees me returning the tray.

Fortunately, when I walked into the dining area I didn't have to duck behind pillars. Everyone was interested in talking about the field trip today. Only a few heads turned. Well, a few heads and the whole Aphrodite cabin. As I walked by I could hear their snickers from across the room.

Great.

People were mostly talking about the trip today.

"Oh my gods, I'm so excited!" I heard someone say.

"Will you sit next to me?!" another person pleaded.

"I can't wait to meet dad!" Someone buzzed.

I made my way over to the Hermes table and sat on the edge of the bench. I pulled my hoodie over my head and pulled the hood shut.
Maybe they won't notice me I thought.

I was wrong

"Sleep well?" Brady asked.

"As well as possible" I mumbled.

"Good, I guess." He replied.

I heard a loud Stomp! And Chiron began talking.

"Demigods, as you know today is a special day. A day that most people will never witness. Half-blood or human. Today you will watch the summer solstice meeting of the gods. You will meet your parent if they please. Then we will tour the city of Olympus and of New York. We will be staying in a hotel that we rented with the help of some demigods who are now living in the real world. Argus will be driving one of the school busses that we rented. Rachel will drive the other bus" Chiron said as he gestured to a man who looked like a normal blonde surfer dude, except that he was COVERED in blue eyes. Next to him was a red headed girl around Percy and Annabeth's age. She was probably Rachel. The eye dude was probably Argus.

Madi saw me and waved to me. I waved back. She was my friend.

Everyone got up and walked toward the camp entrance. This was the first time I saw it. There was a lot of trees, but one trees stood above the rest. It was a super tall pine tree with a golden cloth or something on the lowest branch. Then I saw a cord wrapped at the bottom of the branch. Wait... That's not a cord, it's a dragon! It must be protecting the golden thingy. I was racking my brain, thinking of Greek stories I knew, then it hit me. That was the REAL Golden Fleece. So cool!

Anyways I sat down with a boy around my age. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He was looking out the window eating a soda can. He hadn't noticed me yet.  Oh well.

I took my drawstring camp bag from my shoulders, and took out my phone. I turned it on when...

"Mandyyyyyyyyyy! Don't do that! Oh I missed you!" The guy next to me bleated.

"Sean?" I turned my head.

Sean was my best friend in school, but I haven't seen him for the past few months.

"Sean I had no idea that you were a half-blood!" I said surprised.

"That's because I'm not, silly. I'm a satyr" Sean said pulling down his pants.

"Why are you taking off your pants?!" I said louder than needed.

"So I can show you my sexy goat legs" he replied like it was obvious.

His pants fell to his ankles, revealing furry legs from his waist down. Wow. Half goat, half man.

"I was your protector in he real world, but it turned into a real friendship! Sytars are given the job of looking after half-bloods, but I was recruited to come back to camp, so I left. Sorry 'bout that. I'm so happy to see you!" He explained.

Now that I thought about it, I saw little horns sticking up through his afro. They must be really talk to stick above all that curliness. 

"Oh, and I'll take that. You can't have a phone ESPECIALLY when we're goin' out of the camp. Technology is like sendin' monsters an alert, tellin' them where to find you" he said taking my phone, then casually EATING IT. I CANNOT BELIEVE HE JUST ATE MY PHONE.

"Excuse me!" I yelled raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry, but iPhones are almost as good as real apples" he joked.

I sighed as I pulled a photo album from my bag and looked at all the pictures of my dad and I.

****************************

I woke up from an hour nap just in time to cross the bridge into New York. It was amazing.

I lived in a Wisconsin cabin on he edge of the woods, so this was like the future. Super tall buildings, crazy looking people, and so many other new things!