Getting Changed

"No ma'am, I'm telling you. These four people are on the list" Sadie commanded the receptionist. Sadie has been trying to get the receptionist to let us in, but the woman has a heart of stone.

"Sadie it's time to gush" Megan whispered. I have a feeling that was code for something.

"Ma'am, please. These people are on the list. Let them in now!" Sadie cried.
All of a sudden I wanted to escort someone into this wedding.

"Oh yes of course" the woman finally said.

All 9 of us sighed with relief. I turned to walk in.

"Wait!" Megan said, "You can't go in there looking like you just wrestled an alligator!"

She pulled me back by my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

"Okay so I'm fixing your hair, your makeup, and definitely your outfit" Megan decided.

"Woah, makeup? Come on! I hate elaborate makeup!" I complained.

"It's just for now, calm down"

Megan fixed her messy bun and repositioned her purple glasses on the edge of her nose. She stroked my hair and then it slowly (and magically) swept over my shoulder. Megan swiped her hand a few inches from my face and it suddenly felt sticky. Makeup. I hated anything more than a simple eye makeup , some blush and concealer, and maybe a little something on the lips. Then she lifted her hands, palmed up, slowly. When her hands were high, Megan snapped her hands down. Just like the day we met. My T-shirt and pants 'morphed' into a silver party dress that ended at my knees.

"Oh, I almost forgot your shoes!" Megan squealed.

I looked down and saw my Vans. Megan stomped her shoe and mine turned into silver heels.

"Okay, this is where I draw the line. First the makeup, and now heels?! No! I refuse. I want, no, I need flats. I can't walk in these death traps" I yelled.

"Come on Amanda, please. You look really good in them" Megan begged.

"Nope" I refused.

Megan sighed and changed my heels to flats.

"Happy?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yes" I replied.

I turned around and saw that Sadie had helped Dan and James get into nicer clothes. Dan was in a suit, but James was in slacks and a nice collared shirt. A little more on the casual side, but I didn't mind. Sadie was now working on Gabriella.

"No makeup! No heels! NO DRESS!" Gabriella complained.

"No. Makeup, flats, and definitely a dress" Sadie said.

"Ugh, fine" Gabriella gave in.

A few minuets later, Gabriella was in a longer red dress with red eye makeup and black flats.

I linked arms gladly with James. He seemed surprised at first, then smiled. Gabriella and Dan did the same thing, but a lot more awkwardly. I think they both shuddered. Madi, MK, Eric, Megan, and Sadie walked out the door to surround the building. We were ready.