Ichthyocentaurs

My eyes crossed trying to make sense of what I was seeing. There were two of them. They looked somewhat alike. One was in the air circling around where my friends were sleeping like a vulture hunting its prey. The one in the air was slim. It was half man-half fish with a nice goatee. It had no wings, but it was still flying. The other one was wider and stuck in the door of the Indian Bazaar coughing up lottery tickets. This one had long messy hair like a mullet and was very greasy. I thought really hard about Greek mythology so I could think of a way to kill these guys. My mind went to a brief lesson on Ichthyocentaurs. I didn't know much about them except that they were sea creatures that were placed in the sky, and they were brothers. There were only two of them, and they were very deadly.

   My first instinct was to shoot an arrow, so I flicked the switch on my cuff and the crossbow formed on my arm. I aimed at the one stuck in the door frame. I shut one eye and leveled my arrow at is head. The arrow went flying and almost hit its head, when the slimmer one from above dove in and flicked the arrow away with its tail.

Darn it! Now I still have two perfectly fine monsters that I have to kill, and I've lost my element of surprise. I was really going to have to look out for the skinny one.

"Ha, you want to kill us alone! Good luck" the slim one taunted in a whisper with a slight Asian accent. He obviously was going to be as quiet as possible so I would be alone. I wanted to call for help, but my friends deserved rest. Plus, these guys couldn't be that hard to kill.

The slim one helped his brother out of the door way, and they inched towards me. I knew soon I would be surrounded, so I ran away from them. That gave me more space, and more time. I clicked the button on my cuff and my crossbow turned into a bow. I picked the bow off the floor and slung it on my shoulder.

Thud

I looked up and saw both Ichthyocentaurs in the sky, trotting in circles around me with their two front legs and their aqua tails. They started to swoop down towards me, baring fangs. I focused and an arrow appeared out of thin air. I notched the arrow and aimed at the slim one. They disappeared as soon as I let loose my arrow and reappeared higher in the air.
I realized the only way to kill them was up close. Or by surprise. They were going to stay in the air because they thought I couldn't fly.

Well I might not be able to fly, but I do have an idea.

I closed my eyes and lifted my hands, trying not to think of the mess is make if I failed. A big, gory, bloody mess. I thought of moonlight and clouds. A rush of wind whistled past my ears, nipping at my checks. The brisk, fall air filled my lungs. I opened my eyes. And screamed.

Looking down, I saw the sidewalk coming at me fast. I closed my eyes again and thought of moonlight and the air above the clouds. More wind. I opened my eyes and smiled. I knew what I was going to do.