Embarassment

I had never felt so embarrassed. Yeesh. I awkwardly stood up and said "I'm Amanda" I stuck out my hand for her to shake. Gabriella looked at it haughtily, and turned her shoulder 90 degrees.

Okay then.

   "How did you find me?" I asked Chiron.
"Well I was talking to Gabby here when I heard a long howl. I looked over to where the noise had come from and I saw a long beacon of light. Then the Hunters said to us and said that they couldn't find you. We followed the beacon and sound until we came across you. And we're pretty much up to now"
"What we're those things?"

"They were Scriponos. Same thing as a regular scorpion, but a lot more deadly and a lot larger" Gabriella replied in a tone that made it sound like everyone knew that.

   "Let's go back" Chiron said.
As soon as I stood up, the world was spinning like the Vortex ride at the carnival. I could only focus on one spot because everything else was black. I sat back down.

"What's wrong now?" Gabriella asked in a bored tone.

"Um, well, I can't really see and I'm extremely dizzy"

"What did you do while you were out here?" Chiron asked "Did the scorpions get you?"

"No. At least I don't think so. All I did was climb that tree from Hades" I said pointing at the devilish oak tree that tried to kill me.

"What?! That's one of the 8 cursed trees of the camp. They are magically enchanted to destroy anything that tried to touch it. How far did you get up?! How did you make it?!"
Gabriella asked, suddenly intrigued.

"I made it to the top and back, but fell on the way down. My leg is completely numb except for some pain"

   Her face was so curious, it was like a baby seeing a monkey for the first time.

"Let's get you back to camp, get on my back." Chiron said, snapping Gabriella out of her trance. She hopped onto Chiron's behind me and we were moving super fast in a matter of seconds of Chiron moving his legs.
*************************************
   They put me into a nursery cot and told me to rest while they got some medicine.
"Hey Amanda. How you feeling?" Madi said softly.
"Well, this is my second time in the health wing in less than a week, I was brutally stabbed by a tree, and attacked by huge Scriponos. Other than that, I'm dandy."

"Okay then"

"Sorry, I'm just tired"

"No worries"

   I was about to say something when a tall blonde guy walked in.
"Hey babe"

"Hey Hunter. Amanda this is Hunter, obviously. And Hunter this is Amanda."

Hey smiled and did a slight wave.
I smiled and nodded my head.
Nice conversation we have going on here.

"Well I just wanted to stop in and say hi," Hunter said kissing Madi on the check.
"See ya" he said to me.
"Ditto" I replied.

   I turned towards Madi.
"Who's that" I said playfully lifting an eyebrow and smiling.
Madi blushed "My boyfriend"

"You got pretty lucky in the boyfriend department, then."

"Yeah" she said, still blushing, "You should get some rest though, see ya later"
"Later" I said.
I slowly closed my eyes as they became heavier and heavier.