Eclipse

We went outside the cabin, in a large sparkly group, and people barley paid us any attention. I was fine with that, though. We made our way to the edge of the woods, passing people sparing, taking, and running around.

"Hey, Amanda!" James called out.
I pretended not to hear him.

Louder, and closer he called out "Amanda! Over hear!" And again I ignored him.

"Amanda, hey!" He said right next to me.

"Hi" I managed. But I couldn't help but smile. He was so cute! I bit my check and mentally slapped myself for thinking that. I stopped smiling, but I really wanted to keep smiling.

"What's going on? Where are you guys headed?"

I'd almost forgotten about the girls. They all either turned around or had a hard, cold stare on.

"Nowhere" on girl piped up from the back. She walked forwards and I saw her for the first time. I hadn't seen her walk through the door before in the cabin. She had auburn hair and a tight jaw line.

"Now go along with your little boy toys and leave" she said.

"Um... Okay? See ya later Amanda!"

   I swallowed back a "bye".

"Who was that?!" The girl asked accusingly. Now that I looked at her more, she looked about 14, my age.

"He's just a friend. What's it to you?!" I said.

Wow. I've never said anything like that before. I was just so mad about her nosiness I just, oh no.

"Sorry" I quickly added.

"Emma, cool down. She's just new" Thalia said to the girl.

"Whatever. Just stay away from boys. Just keep him a friend" Emma said.

She didn't have to tell me twice. I had a disturbing realization that we could never be together the night of the underwater bubble. 1. Other girls were into him, and he probably liked them more and 2. We were too powerful demigods. I was the daughter of Artemis and he was the son of Poseidon. We could do some major destruction if we wanted to. But still, he was so, well there's no words to describe him. He wasn't perfect, but no one is. He was perfect for me. And I mentally slapped myself again.

"Definitely" I replied.
   She eyed me suspiciously, but stopped like she was satisfied with the conversation we just had.

"I hope we can leave this little mishap behind us" she said sweetly.

"Yep" I said.

"Good"
   We walked a little longer until we reached the deep part of the woods. We all sat down on logs and rocks. Well, they did.

I stood there not knowing who to sit by. They were all talking about different things that I had no clue about. I was just standing there when it felt something brush up against my leg.

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"What?" Thalia asked.

"Um, I uh nothing" I replied.

"Okay then"
I looked around the clearing we were sitting in but I saw nothing. I looked out into the trees and caught a glimpse of something white and silvery.

"I'll be right back" I grumbled as I ran into the trees into the direction of the white thing.
*************************************
It wasn't long before I got to the white streak. It was a wolf pup.

It was turned around and didn't notice me, so I took that to my advantage. As I keep closer the pup suddenly snapped around to face me. I recognized it right away. It was the pup I'd talked to the night that I discovered I could, you know, talk to animals. I recognized it right away. The silvery eyes with flecks of color. Beautiful.

"Hi" I put out my hand to stroke it and the pup ran up to my hand. He must really like me.
"What's your name?"

I heard it talk to me. Mentally. Like it was talking aloud, but I my mind. I got super dizzy. I heard something about 'you naming me'.

"Uh, sure! What about silvery?" It shook it's head.

"What about Max?"
Another wolf head shake.

"I know. I'll call you Eclipse"
One head nod coming right up!