Not the Weapon I Would Have Thought

2 hours later, none of the swords, spears, or guns seemed to fit perfectly in my hand. Madi said that we should try archery. She said that worked we could find away to keep a small bow on me at all times. Over at the archery range Chiron was helping the Apollo archers with their technique.

   "Chiron, Amanda wants to try archery, can you set her up?" Madi asked.

"Sure," he turned to me "Have you ever done this before?"

"No" I answered embarrassed.

Everyone will laugh because I'm probably gonna find away to shoot my face.

"Okay, well let me see your form and we can work off of that" Chiron decided.

   He handed me the bow and arrows. I took them into my shaky hands as everyone nearby started to form a semi circle around me. Oddly enough, I felt like I knew what to do.

   I turned to the side, rested the arrow on the grip, and let it go. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as the arrow hit the target.

   Everyone started cheering. I was so confused. I'd never done archery before, how is this possible?

"Maybe it was beginner's luck" some girl called out. She made her way to the front of the crowd.

She had a coco skin tone, and light brown hair that was perfectly done in a wind swept curl. She had perfect makeup. She made me want to vomit.

"Make her do it again" the girl said.

"That's Sadie," Madi whispered to me,"
The daughter of Aphrodite. She makes me sick. She has charmspeak, a rare blessing of Aphrodite. She can make people do what she wants. It doesn't always work though."

"Alright then, Amanda please try again" Chiron said.

   I did it again and it hit the target again. I was ready to faint. Did I really do that?

"Wow! If it was your dad I would say your father would be Apollo, but since it's your mom I have no idea" Chiron remarked, "Now we have to find the right bow!"