Capture The Flag

Madi brought me to the Hermes table. That's where I was going to eat until I was claimed. Hermes was the god of travelers, so that's where all the newbies went.

Madi went to her table, the Athena table, and sat down with her siblings.

"Hi"

I jumped

"Sorry, I'm Brady you're Amanda, right?"

   I turned around and a blonde boy, about college age stuck out his hand.

"Yeah, I'm Amanda, nice to meet you" I shook his hand.

"I'm the head councilor of the Hermes cabin. Just ask me if you have any questions" Brady said.

"Okay" I replied.

   "To the gods!" Chiron stomped his hoof.

"To the gods!" Everyone chanted.

   Magically a feast appeared and I started piling food on my plate like everyone else. Then Brady got up with his plate an motioned me to follow him. He went up to the brazier and scraped some of his meal into the fire and said "To Hermes!"

   I followed his example by kneeling and scraping, but under my breath is whispered "Please claim me mom".

   After dinner Chiron announced that we were playing capture the flag and explained the rules. You could use weapons and people have died playing.
   Real happy stuff.

   The Apollo cabin won last time so they were head team, and the Hecate cabin was the other head team. Apollo went first they chose Athena. Then Hecate chose Ares. Then Apollo chose Hermes, us. I slowly followed Brady and his siblings over behind the Athena cabin.
   After everyone was on a team, we put on amour and took positions. Of course I was given the defense by myself while everyone else was on offense looking for the flag. One of the Apollo kids handed me a bow and a full quiver. There was a horn and battle cries.
   The game had begun.

*************************************

   I was really bored. I was just walking back and forth in front of the flag for 2 hours, I was watching the sun set when I heard screaming. Behind me I saw some of the opposing team running towards me with their weapons. I drew my bow and fired at a few of them, but there was more, to many!

I got cut and bruised and beaten while they were taking the flag.

No! I thought I'm going to be the reason we lose.

   Then I saw a single beam of moon light. I slowly crawled to it, and let it dance across my palm. I don't know why, but I felt the need to touch it. I slowly felt myself getting stronger, as the cuts almost disappeared. No one was watching me and I slowly drew my bow and took them out one by one. Slowly they got knocked out. I pulled the dagger that was given to me and started fighting them.

   They banged their swords against my dagger and they had more skill, but from touching that moonlight, I was almost at their level. Just before my strength fell away, I heard Madi yelling a victory song and brought the other team's flag into our territory.
   We won!