2 Gods in One Day

Dan navigated us through the smaller parts of Lansing until we got to the city. Then we split up in groups of 3. James, Madi, and I. Megan, Sadie, and MK. Dan, Eric, and Gabriella. We all agreed to communicate with the other groups with Iris Messages. As James, Madi, and I made our way through the eastern part of the city, I felt as if we were being watched. Actually, I felt like we were being watched form the beginning of this quest. I could feel someone's eyes burning a hole into my back. I turned around and saw lots of people, but none of them gave us a thought.

"You're just paranoid" Madi assured me, seeing what I was doing.

"Yeah, yeah you're right" I said.

We all came up with a plan that we would all stay in sight of each other, and ask around. I approached a couple with a small child.

"Um, excuse me, but do you know if there is a formal dance around here?" I asked politely.

"Sorry honey, no" the man answered.

"It's okay" I said as I walked away.

I asked another couple, an old man, a tour group, and a few more people. When I finally realized I was out of luck, I sat on the curb. James and Madi saw me and walked over. The plopped themselves down.

"Well now what? We've asked everyone that we could, and the other groups haven't found anyone" James sighed.

"I know. The city is big and no one knows anything!" Madi cried.

They began ranting to each other while I stared off in space. I saw everyone that I had asked in the crowd. Out of habit, I twiddled with my necklace. Then a woman caught my eye.

"I-I'll be right back" I said absent mindedly making my way over to her.

"Okay" Madi replied.

I slowly approached her. The woman looked young, like college age. There was something different about her, though. Really different.

"Excuse me, hello. I'm looking for a formal dance, is there any around here?" I asked.

She turned and I saw her eyes. They were ever changing. There was no distinct color. Her slim figure was really flattering, and even her simple, slightly baggy shirt that said: I ❤️ Michigan! Was extremely gorgeous on her.

"Amanda Whitman! Oh I've yet to meet you. Beautiful, really. How are you?" She gushed.

"Uh, I'm fine, you?" I asked confused. How did she know my name?

"Good, good. Now what did you ask me? Oh right, formal dances. Well there is a Greek wedding up on High Street" she said.

"Great. I have another question for you, though. Who are you and how do you know me?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Aphrodite! When I heard Ares came to help you, I knew that I needed to be there so he wasn't out of control. Plus, I got to help you! By the way, I love that silver thing in your hair, it really goes with the whole 'Daughter of Artemis' thing!" Aphrodite squealed.

"Oh, uh cool. Thanks for the help"

"Oh don't fret, this won't be the last time you see me. I do have to watch Ares, you know!"

"Yeah, or course you do" I mumbled.

Then in a puff of sweet smelling white smoke, she was gone. Today has been a weird day, but not the weirdest. I walked back to Madi and James, dazed.

"Okay so I found a dance that he might be at" I said.

Madi looked at me,"And?"

"A Greek wedding on High Street. The woman who told me, well she was interesting"

"Interesting how?" Madi asked.

"Like goddess interesting"

"Which goddess"

"Aphrodite"

"Oh"

"Yeah. But anyways, we have two Iris messages to make!" I said. And with that we walked into the crowd.